Because

Warnings:

(Around Season 2 when Daisy and Lincoln get together)
————————————————————

Recently, we'll a few months ago, you and Daisy had split. You both turned into inhumans, she left you to go to afterlife leaving you to defend for yourself, you reunited then a bunch of shit happened where her mother tried to kill you, blah blah blah. A bunch of events that lead to the unfortunate outcome.

It was a surprise to everyone. No one knew love quite like you and Daisy. You were obsessed with each other, it's just the universe had other plans. And it broke you, especially when Lincoln joined the team and you saw him getting closer to Daisy.

Everyone knew it hurt you, why wouldn't it? But everyone also knew it was just Daisy pushing herself away and finding a distraction. She still loved you too.

Ever since, you've been quite quiet, helping out when needed, putting your all in missions. There was a vast improvement in your work, but everyone could tell you weren't you anymore. Everyone knew you were keeping it all inside.

Though, recently you had become more involved, everyone was happy of course, but it didn't change the fact you were hiding your feelings. Nonetheless the were happy to start seeing the old you.

You sat with Jemma in the lab, she was checking your vitals, something that had become regular after you went through terregenesis.

It was silent for a while, Jemma was focussed on what she was doing and you didn't know what to say. There was a lot you wanted to tell her recently, she was your best friend after all, you just didn't know how.

"A part of me is still waiting for Daisy to come back." You blurted out admittedly, catching Jemma of guard a little.

"What? Still? She may not come back." Jemma questioned and stated, pulling the needle out of your arm and wiping it clean, though she glanced at you with furrowed eyebrows.

"She's with Lincoln." Even those words hurt for Simmons to say, you were both her best friends and she knew how much you cared for each other.

"Look, I know alright. I know, it's just... I mean i don't still have feelings for her. But i do in a way. It's like this thing that's inside of me and... it's always just sitting there waiting around." You confessed, now Jemma stopped what she was doing to give you her fall attention, this was the first time you opened up to anyone about the whole situation.

"Oh y/n." She placed a hand on your knee supportingly, but you shrugged.

"Sometimes i'll see something, or i'll smell something that makes me think of her. Even though i don't want to." You shook your head, realising how stupid you sounded.

"That's because you still love her, which is understandable, I mean you were together for years." Jemma encouraged, she could tel you began to regret bringing up this conversation.

"I know. And she's still on my mind all the time. But she's with lincoln so why can't i just let her be? It's like my body physically and mentally won't let her go." You sighed, folding your arms as you sat back in the chair.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Jemma tried but you shook your head.

"Somethings are meant to be left alone." You told her, though your whole demeanour changed the moment you saw Fitz and Daisy walk in. Your body language alerting Jemma of their appearance.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Jemma questioned. Recently, Daisy and Lincoln never seemed to be apart.

"He's not my boyfriend anymore." Daisy sighed, jumping up to sit on one of the counters.

"Why not?" You asked, you still cared about her so wanted to make sure she was alright.

"Didn't wanna be." She lied, she couldn't tell you the real reason.

"Idiot." You muttered, slouching back in you chair again, a smile forming on both FitzSimmons faces.

"What?" Daisy's head snapped to you, surprised by your little comment.

"He's an idiot. Just like I am. We both lost you." You admitted, though never looked over to her.

"You never lost me." Daisy shook her head.

"Then why did you leave." Now you finally looked at her.

"You know why." She defended and you scoffed.

"I told you that you do not know what is and isn't best for me." You snapped a little, Jemma and Leo taking this a their cue to leave.

"I know! And i apologised!" Daisy stood up now, frustrated with the conversation that is happening once again.

"Then you went and got with Lincoln!" You snapped back, also standing up and taking a few steps to stand up to her.

"Because I-" She began, hesitating a little to find the right words.

"Because what?" You impatiently pushed her and she said.

"Because i didn't want us to fight. Because i thought you deserved better, because i felt to guilty, you want me to continue?" She found her arms around as she spoke.

"No, I want you to shut up." You replied softly before leaning up and smashing your lips against hers.

Daisy instantly kissed back, her arms wrapping round your waist as yours went round her neck. God you missed this.