Torture Pt.3

Warnings: Swearing

————————————————————

Both Daisy and Jemma instantly ran over to you once the job was done. Untying you from the chair and helping you up as you physically couldn't do it yourself.

"It's okay, we've got you." Daisy whispered to you, her voice shaky as she held up your limp body.

Deke had the unfortunate job of escorting his own grandfather through the lighthouse and into a cell, before alerting Mack and yo-yo of the events that had happened.

Simmons and Daisy managed to lay you in a hospital bed in a small room beside yo-yo's. Instantly hooking you up to different machines and drugs. Once you were knocked out with all the drugs, Jemma helped Daisy clean up, and she never left your side.

A week passed, you were now better, though weren't sure if you were able to walk yet. Jemma needed you to physically try and walk otherwise she couldn't come to a justified conclusion about the damage done to your legs.

Though you didn't want to. You may have your powers but otherwise you relied heavily on your legs. Not just for walking but for fighting to, and if you couldn't do that, you had nothing to contribute to this job.

"Come, just try. If it doesn't work then it will just be a slightly longer process." Jemma tried persuading you but you were refusing.

"It's a good thing, the quicker we find out, the quicker we can help you." She added and your eyes fell to Daisy's who gave you a smile.

"She's right. There's only one way to find out and you can't sit on your ass forever, I know you." Daisy teased to lighten the mood a little. Now, she had almost fully recovered from the damage Fitz did to her.

"Fine." You huffed sitting up, and carefully swinging your legs over the side of the bed. What was there to loose, other than the ability to not walk, right?

"Me and Daisy will be right here to catch you if you fall." Jemma tried supporting you, but it didn't sound as bad in her head.

"If you fall. Which you won't." Daisy changed Jemma's words to create a more positive view.

"Here goes nothing." You mumbled before standing up. Your legs were a bit wobbly and they hurt a little but other than that, it was easy and you could handle it.

"Great, that's the first stage, now try walking." Jemma pushed and you rolled your eyes at her impatience.

"One foot in front of the other." Daisy made it sound so simple, but in your head it was like she was asking you to jump 10 feet.

"Can't be that hard." You shrugged casually, trying to convince yourself it wasn't that big a deal. Did it work? Not really.

But you tried. Slowly, you lifted up your right leg and place it in front of you, followed by your left leg and you eventually made it to the other side of the room. Both Daisy and Jemma refrained from reacting before they saw the emotion on your face, unsure if it would be happy, or disappointed.

"I can walk." You smiled, turning around and signalling for Daisy to come hug you. You would have gone to her but you weren't prepared for that just yet.

"Thank goodness, I didn't really want to break any bad news." Jemma half joked as she wrote some things down on her ipad.

"I'm so proud of you." Daisy whispered in your ear before connecting your lips together.

"By my calculations, the rate of your walking plus having a lot of motivation to do it, you'll be walking normally within the next few days. Until then, you may be a bit wobbly, but keeping practising." Jemma said proudly though your shoulders slumped. You hated hospitals whether it was this make shift one or not. You wanted to be active and help, not bed bound.