Terregenesis Pt.6

Warnings: Swearing
————————————————————

"So good." You hummed as you took a bite of the grilled cheese Coulson had made both you and Skye. The two of you sitting cross legged beside each other, directly in front of coulson who sat opposite you at a table.

"I got to say, director, no doubt the best grilled cheese i've ever had." Skye nodded in agreement, causing your jaw to drop.

"Hey! I make you a grilled cheese all the time!" You nudged your girlfriend, who kissed your cheek as an apology, Coulson chuckling at the two of you.

"It's a secret ingredient. Don't ask. I will not disclose." Coulson joked, both you and Skye rolling your eyes.

A moment of silence fell between the three of you after that. You took another bite of your grilled cheese before pacing the plate to Skye to put it next to hers on the bedside table.

"How are you two doing with all the monitoring?" Coulson changed the subject, a more serious face as he spoke now.

"I barely notice it." Skye replied, you nodded in agreement, resting your head on her shoulder.

Since you've been in the interrogation room of the bus together, you've been spending all your time together, which both of you have loved. Especially since no one else has really been around you both

"We wouldn't subject you to it, if it wasn't absolutely necessary." Coulson told you, giving you both a small pitiful smile.

"I assume you're putting us on the Gifted Index." You now spoke up, eyes piercing into Coulson, hoping he'll tell you the answer honestly.

"We are." Coulson answered, quieter now, as if he was almost ashamed to do it.

"I've been doing some monitoring of my own. Check this out." Skye sat up, changing the subject, and showing coulson her watch.

"My entire life i've been searching for my parents, and my search ended with answers that are so much worse than i could have imagined. Sad, twitchy, not all there dad, a dead mom. Alien mist that turned me... us into a walking natural disaster. A friend dead-" Skye began to ramble but you were quick to grab her hand, pulling her back with you.

"Skye." You muttered, causing her to look at you somewhat apologetically.

"Hey. Trip was not your fault." Coulson began, moving to sit on the end of the bed the two of you were sat on.

"No, he was mine. I lead him into that temple." You bowed your head, earning a hand squeeze from Skye.

"Stop, it wasn't you." Skye turned to look at you.

"It was neither of you faults." Coulson put an end to the small conversation about trip.

"My point is, i'm steady. Nothing is shaking, i'm stopping them before they start." Skye sat up again, excited to explain the good news to Coulson.

"That's good." Coulson smiled proudly at her, yet your eyes fell to your lap as you played with your fingers.

You were really proud of Skye for starting to be able to get a handle on her new powers. You, however, weren't doing so great. Which was hard for you to take because you were quite good and most things.

Skye had some sort of tremor  power, neither of you had fully worked out what it actually did yet (or a great name for it), so couldn't explain it any clearer. You, however, had discovered that you had telekinesis, being able to move stuff with your hands without touching them. It came in handy sometimes, but you weren't great at it just yet. Sometimes accidentally hitting Skye or yourself with something if you got too excited or annoyed.