Terregenesis Pt.3

Warnings: Swearing

————————————————————

"Thank goodness nothing bad happened to you two. Wouldn't want you to have to stay in there forever." Simmons smiled sympathetically at both you and Skye as two people in hazmat suits took some more blood samples from you.

When they left you just made your way over to Jemma, only the glass separating you both.

"Raina, she was unrecognisable. It was insane. And not just from the outside, look." Jemma made her way over to her desk where she had some information.

Ever since Simmons came back and told you about her encounter with Raina, you have been more curious than before. Mostly because if Raina changed due to the mist, does that mean you and Skye did to? Is that what happened earlier?

"We separated her DNA and mapped it using Gel Electrophoresis. Her DNA didn't just rearrange, it contains extra macromolecules. I wouldn't think that even possible." Jemma explained, a smile on her face and the biological breakthrough.

"That's amazing" Skye replied, hoping to reach Simmon's reaction, she used words neither of you understood but you got the main point.

"It's horrific. We need to make sure that neither of you are contaminated or infected in any way." Jemma shot back, you knew how she felt about the alien stuff. That was one of the reasons you nor Skye mentioned the freak situation beforehand.

"What's the worst that could happen?" You asked, taking a step closer to Skye.

"An epidemic." Jemma replied seriously, no emotion on her face as she spoke.

"That's a pretty harsh conclusion." Skye told her, she felt offended, despite Jemma's lack of knowledge about the two of you.

"And I feel responsible." Simmons stated before looking back at her blood samples.

"We all do." Skye half snapped in return.

"There's morning you could have done,  Jemma." You tried to step in, to make the conversation seem a little calmer. Even though your palms were sweaty, your heart beat loudly in your chest and your arms constantly tingled.

"Yes, there was! I was so curious about powers. About unearthly biology. Wondering where it might lead. Hoping to better understand it. Control it. I should have been trying to terminate it. Erase it from existence." Simmons explained, returning back to you and Skye.

"What? One of my family members have powers, you think he should have been terminated?" You shook your head a little at Jemma's words. Steve Rogers, who you considered an Uncle, had enhanced abilities and now he's one of the worlds mightiest heroes.

"You've helped plenty of people with powers. It's part of the world that we live in." Skye also defended, also taken aback by Jemma's words.

"Steve Rogers is different. This is a plague. All of it. It only ever brings us death. Donnie Gill. Chan Ho Yin, Creel, the list keeps growing." Simmon's listed names off her fingers as she spoke.

"Not the Avengers. They haven't been-" Skye began but Jemma cut her off.

"The Avengers wouldn't have been necessary if we hadn't unleashed alien horrors! If the super soldier serum hadn't been created!" Tears clouded Jemma's eyes and her voice shook slightly as she spoke.

"There must be another-" You tried to speak but Jemma interrupted again.

"Trip was in fragments!" Jemma almost shouted, tears falling from her eyes now as she looked at you.