All I Ask

Warnings: swearing, argument?

(Based on the song 'All I Ask by Adele)
————————————————————

"See! We are just going round in circles, Daisy!" You almost shout. The rest of the team had left you two after yet another argument broke out.

"Because you're not listening to me! You never do anymore!" Daisy waves her arms about as she talks. Your argument has gone on for nearly an hour now, something that had become quite common in the recent weeks.

"You know that's not true. I listen to everything you have to say whether it's something serious or just a small story that's happened, you know that so don't lie." You snapped back, pointing a finger at her.

"So i'm a liar now?" Daisy stops pacing and turns to look at you with her arms crossed.

"When the fuck did i call you a liar? All i said is what you told me was a lie!" You raised your voice earning a scoff in return.

"Just listen to me then!" Daisy shouted back and your mouth fell open at the audacity.

"I actually can't do this anymore." You sighed running your hands through your hair.

"Do what?" Daisy frowned as she looked at you, her face falling slightly, scared of what you were meaning.

"This, Daisy. It's so tiring and it's constant, I can't continue to live like this there just so much negativity." You sighed, neither of you shouted now and your voices were quieter.

"So you want to break up?" Daisy looked at the floor as she spoke, unable to look at you.

"What? When did i say i wanted to break up?" Your head snapped to look at her as she finally looked at you too.

"You didn't have to say it, I know what you're implying. And if that's how you feel, then so be it." Daisy huffed, folding her arms yet again as she looked at you, both with tears in your eyes.

"So be it?" You almost whispered, you couldn't believe that this was happening.

"Yeah. I'm sick of this too. We fight all the time,
Y/n, what happened to the old us?" Daisy sighed, sitting down on the couch in defeat.

"People change, Daisy." You wiped your eyes quickly as you stood in front of her.

"Yes, they do." Daisy looked up at you from the couch, her eyes clouded from tears.

"Why don't we just play pretend? Like we're not scared of what is coming next, or scared of having nothing left." You proposed, not wanting to end this on any bad terms.

"What do you mean, exactly?" Daisy questioned and you decided to take a seat beside her.

"Look, don't get me wrong I know, there is no tomorrow with us. All I ask is, if this is my last night with you, hold me like i'm more than just a friend." You took her hand as you looked her in the eyes, and she nodded in agreement.

"Of course. I can do that, whatever you need." Even if this was the end for the two of you, Daisy still cared about you.

"Give me a memory i can use." You smiled slightly and Daisy nodded, looking down at both your hands linked together.

"Take you by the hand while we do what lovers do?" Daisy suggested and you now nodded, smiling at the thought of one last happy memory, no matter how much that broke your heart.

"It matters how we end. Because what if i never love again?" You almost sobbed, but Daisy held your hand tighter. This was the most clear communication the two of you had in weeks.

"You will, i know it. Look, I don't need your honesty, it's already in your eyes. And i'm sure my eyes, they speak for me." Daisy admitted, wiping a few tears away before they could roll down her cheeks.

"No one knows me like you do. And since your the only one that matters, tell me who do i run to?" You looked away for a split second, feeling guilty about what the team may be thinking right now.

"You know Fitz and Jemma will always be there for you. And Yo-Yo will probably kick my ass after this." Daisy tried to lighten the mood a little but it didn't exactly have the effect she was hoping for, because you both knew Yo-Yo would try.

"Let this be our lesson in love. Let this be the way we remember us." Daisy added, lightly taking your chin to look at her.

"That's all I ask." You sniffed, a small smile on both your faces. Neither of you could help it as you looked at each other.

"As long as your happy."

(A/N) Really don't know how I feel about this chapter lol, might do a part 2 though. Also sorry for the long update i've been so busy