Terregenesis Pt.9

Warnings: Swearing
——————————————————
"I don't understand how I keep losing." Skye groaned as she lost again at the card game the two of you had been playing for the last hour. She had found a deck of cards in one of the drawers in the bedroom and insisted you played, now instantly regretting it.

"Because you're trash. Just say you give up." You smirked and she just glared at you from her seat on the couch.

"And let you gloat about this for the rest of the night? Hell no." Skye huffed, dealing you each a new hand of cards.

"We've got to eat something soon, and call Jemma so instead of me beating you again, just admit defeat." You smiled sweetly at Skye, causing her to roll her eyes but pick up the cards nonetheless.

"Fine. But you're cooking." She called out to you as you made you're way to the kitchen to see what was available.

"Okay, so our options are. Box mac n cheese, noodles, pizza or salad." You turned to face the brunette who had put the cards away and joined you in the kitchen to get a drink.

The two of you had been drinking wine most of the night but now she felt a little tipsy so decided to turn to water instead. All the two of you had done since coulson had left was explore the cabin and the woods outside and drink wine together.

"Hmm, pizza." Skye grinned, kissing you on the cheek before heading over to the computer that had been left for the both of you to contact the base.

"What's the time? Jemma will probably be calling soon." You questioned as you unwrapped the pizza and preheated the small oven.

"Shit. 7:55, we've got 5 minutes." Skye tapped away quickly on the computer, preparing to receive Jemma's call.

"I suppose pizza can wait." You made your way over to skye, sitting on her lap so you were both in the cameras view so Jemma could see you both.

"Hey jem." You smiled softly as the girl appeared on your screen, though she just held a sympathetic expression in return.

"Hey, you guys." A small smile creeped through her lips as she greeted you back.

"How's the base? Boring without us?" Skye teased lightly, wrapping her arms around your waist to pull you closer. She already missed her home.

"You could say that. Bobbi has been doing a lot lately, so i've been stuck with the boys. Luckily, May has somewhat been keeping me company." Jemma explained with a slight frown.

"Anyways, how's the cabin life so far?" Jemma asked, an uneasy smile on her face, not sure what kind of answer she was expecting from you both.

"It's a little weird here, but we're settling in. We've played a couple dozen games of cards. Which i seem to keep losing." Skye replied honestly with a slight roll of her eyes as she looked up at you.

"Well, May will head there soon. So if you really want she can bring other games with her." Jemma offered, to which you nodded your head.

"And who do we have to thank for the little debbie snack cakes?" Daisy questioned, almost a whisper as she said it.

"We have some of those? When did you find them and why didn't you tell me?" You nudged skye slightly who pointed to the packet that lay on top of the fridge.

"I found them after we got out the shower, you were taking too long to sort yourself out." She shrugged like it was nothing, earning a small chuckle from Jemma.

"That was Coulson's idea. But I did pick you out some nice gluten free biscuits." Jemma smiled, hoping her small gesture will lift your moods.

"Yeah, we'll, uh, look for those." You answered her with a small smile, Skye squeezed your hips slightly.