Interrogation

Warnings: Swearing

(S1E1)
————————————————————

"I see Fury treated you well after New York." You observed as Coulson brought you onto the bus, after asking you to be part of his new team.

"Yeah well, I did die." Coulson countered and you nodded.

"Yeah, I suppose you did." You chuckled, taking in your surroundings. It was fancy to say the least, Fury did go full out but Coulson deserved it.

"I'm glad you agreed to join me, thought it would take you a little more convincing, if i'm totally honest." Coulson stopped beside a small bunk as he spoke.

"Yeah well, Mom says that if i want to be an Avenger then I need more experience. So what better way than to help you, Coulson." You half joked, nudging the man who rolled his eyes.

"I'm surprised Natasha even considered the idea of you going into any kind of danger." Coulson replied with a teasing smile. Though if the woman was actually here, there's no way he would say that.

"If you plan to unpack, make it quick. Wheels are up in five. We may have a hit on one of the Rising Tide's routing points." Melinda May interrupted the small conversation, warning you of what's to come.

"Good. We need to do some catching up." Coulson added looking down at the file May gave him, nodding at May who nodded back before leaving.

"You're telling me you got the Melinda May out of retirement to join your little group." You laughed, pointing to the woman as she left your sight.

Your mom had told you what had happened on the mission that put her into the desks at SHIELD headquarters, so you were surprised to see her here.

"She's just the pilot." Coulson dismissed the conversation.

——

You put your bags away and not long after you landed where May said you got a hit. You followed Coulson out the bus and down an alley where a blue van was parked.

"A van? Really?" You sighed, walking up to the vehicle and getting ready with the black hood for whoever was inside.

Coulson slid the door open smoothly and you both stood there, blocking the exit in case the owner of said van wanted to make a run for it.

Though it just seemed like a girl around your age surrounded by computers and gear, nothing that would ever seem dangerous. Odd? maybe.

"Hey, What up?" She grinned sheepishly before you pulled the hood over her head and escorted her out the van.

You both lead her to the bus and immediately put her into the interrogation room. Coulson gave you a nod and you removed the hood off of her head, standing over her and trying to look intimidating.

Honestly, she was one of the most beautiful people you had ever seen. But you had to hide all that as you stared at her blankly.

"You guys are making a big mistake." She gasped when she finally caught her breath.

"You don't look that big." You smirked down at her to which she gave you a sarcastic smile.

"Sorry for the lack of finesse. Agent Romanoff here has had a little history with your group, the Rising Tide." Coulson began as you joined his side, yet never taking his eyes off of the girl.

"I don't know what you... did you say Romanoff? Oh my god, you're Natasha Romanoff's daughter, aren't you?!" The girl asked, causing you to roll your eyes.