Back To The Old

Warnings: Implied sex?, swearing

(S1E5)
————————————————————

"This is actually painful to watch." You chuckled as you watched Ward and Skye play battleships.

"Yeah, Ward, aren't you meant to be one of the best agents?" Skye teased him as she hit another one of his ships.

"My skill set doesn't include board games." He grumbled, pouting as he put a red pin in one of his boats.

That's when the new mission alarm turned on and he actually smiled for the first time since the game started.

"You're lucky." Skye warned as the three of you got up to meet the others in the control room of the bus.

Coulson immediately pulled up a picture of a man onto the screen on the table as everyone gathered round to look and listen.

"Cham Ho Yin. Just a struggling street performer until a few years ago when Mr. Chan began to exhibit moderate pyrokinetic abilities." Coulson explained quickly.

"So what gave him his powers?" Fitz questioned, looking up at Coulson with a frown.

"It's still under investigation, but Cham did live near the decommissioned Wan Tai nuclear plant when it caught fire. To our knowledge, no other nearby residents have exhibited similar traits." Coulson elaborated for you all.

"So how did we find out about him?" Jemma now asked.

"Informant saw him lighting torches in a street show. With his pinky." May told everyone, you may have a muttered a quiet 'cool' afterwards, earning a smirk from Skye who was beside you.

"Brought it to SHIELDs attention. We told him to keep his abilities under wraps. He's been on the index ever since." Coulson added, looking between you all.

"The index?" Skye questioned, completely clueless and new to SHIELD protocols.

"It's a list SHIELD keeps of people and objects with powers." You told her and her eyes widened at the news.

"Wait, what! How many are there? Are you saying there are more people-" Skye began to question with excitement but May cut her off.

"Not many." May shook her head, trying to shut her down.

"Well, enough to keep a list." Skye countered, her eyebrows raised.

"A short list. Meant to protect them." Coulson told her and Skye nodded.

"Though in rare cases, SHIELD has had to take action." Ward added, Skye learning more about SHIELD.

"Action against people or objects?" Skye questioned yet got no answer, except the facial expressions of May and Jemma.

"Well that's drastic with a side of creepy. How are they monitored? Tapped phones? Satellite surveillance? Body probes in dark, unpleasant places?" Skye listed ideas that instantly came to her mind, you couldn't help but chuckle at her words.

"Body probes? Now that's ridiculous. SHIELD doesn't do that. We don't do that, do we?" Fitz turned to Coulson at the end of his sentence.

"The methods vary. Mr Cham was low risk. He was assigned a case agent who checked in with him every few days. That's how we discovered him missing." Coulson brought the conversation back on track, trying to keep everyone focused.

"Hello, Agent Kwan. How are you?" May asked in chinese as a video call with a man appeared on the screen behind Coulson.

"Everyone, this is Agent Kwan, Chan Ho Yin's case agent. What can you tell us?" May explained as everyone sent the man a small wave.