Terregenesis Pt.5

Warnings: Swearing

————————————————————

You held Skye's hand as you both made your way to the table where Coulson, May and Sif were. You needed a little bit of support and comfort, she was handling the situation a bit better than you were, nonetheless you were both struggling.

"I'm saying i can't find any particular keys that would be hugely important. Not literal keys, not metaphorical keys, not as in to the city. It doesn't meant that-" Coulson ranted as the two of you approached them, being cut off by May.

"Wait. Look at this," May stood up with the tablet in her hand and passed it to Coulson for him and Sif to see.

"Chaves. A city known for its sedimentary basins. I don't-" Once again May cut coulson off.

"Guess what 'chaves' means in english." May smirked, proud with what she had found.

"Let me guess. Keys." Skye replied, no longer holding your hand. Instead placing it on your lower back, keeping you close.

"That's where the Kree was heading. That's where I was chasing him. That was my mission." Sif said loudly, glad to have come to the realisation.

"But chaves, portugal, we've seen that name before." Coulson frowned as he pressed a few buttons on the tablet.

You said nothing, unable to contribute to the conversation as you had no information.

"It was in Whitehalls SSR file." May realised, both her and Coulson branching of each other's words.

"The site of his dig back in 1945, where he first found the obelisk. That's where we have to go." Coulson concluded, shutting the ipad down and standing up.

"Director?" Skye spoke up before the three of them could walk away after hearing you sigh, her grip on you getting tighter as she pulled you slightly closer.

"Is it okay if we both sit this one out, please?" Skye asked, trailing off quietly at the end, hoping to not make it seem weird.

"You both alright?" Coulson turned around with furrowed eyebrows, he always cared about the two of you.

"Yeah, just, Y/n said to me before we joined you guys that she wasn't feeling great after our run in with Blue Man, and I still feel a little banged up, I just don't think we're going to be much help out there. So..." Skye explained, half rambling as she replied, causing May to look at you both weird.

"Okay, whenever you're ready. If you still don't feel good after he knocked you out, Y/n, maybe you should see Jemma again." Coulson nodded, giving you both a small smile.

You hated lying to them like this. But god knows how they'd all react after finding out what's really happened to you and Skye.

"Is it really about being hurt?" May quizzed with a frown.

"I promise, it's just about the guy making me see cartoon birdies around my head, and I want to make sure Y/n is 100%. That's it." Skye confirmed, seeming to somewhat please May as the woman didn't question it again.

You and Skye watched as the three headed outs the room. You looked up at Skye who sent you a small smile, causing you to instantly pull her into a hug, taking her by surprise at first but she easily fell into it.

"I don't know what i'd do without you." You whispered as you held her close. With everything happening, you felt even more emotional with all the pressure on you.

"We'll get through this together." Skye replied back, pulling you in tighter as you went to pull away. Clearly she need a little longer, also feeling just as much pressure as you. It was stressful.