Terregenesis Pt.2

Warnings: Swearing

(Part of S2E11)
————————————————————
You and Skye sat in your own individual quarantine rooms, right next to each other with glass walls so you were able to communicate with not only each other but everyone else.

The mood had also changed drastically, you and Skye were both exhausted, your bodies aching immensely. You both just sat silently on the hospital beds provided with you, different medical devices attached to you both.

You wanted to sleep but you wouldn't let yourself. You knew both you and Skye were in a bad state so didn't want to nod off in case something happened to you, or her.

Hours had passed and Skye couldn't keep her eyes open anymore, so you watched as she laid down and fell asleep almost immediately.

"You should do the same." Fitz came into the lab, noticing that you were still in the same position he had left you the last time he checked on you.

"I can't." You mumbled, you were visibly tired, and you knew you were but you couldn't let your body fall asleep.

"We've got cameras for us to be on watch at all times, if anything happens to either of you, we'll alert you immediately. Plus, you really need the sleep Y/n." Fitz confirmed for you, which was enough for you to give in. You knew that he was right.

So, eventually you did fall asleep. But unfortunately it wasn't a nice calming slumber like you hoped, instead your mind filled with memories of the night in the temple. Trip's death, the rock trapping your body, the feeling of your head as it consumed you.

It actually caused you to wake up, much to your dismay. You sat up a little to see Coulson and Skye already mid conversation. You must have been asleep for a while then.

"Did you sleep well?" Skye asked you, already knowing what the answer was as she had seen you toss and turn in your sleep, but decided to ask anyway.

"Not exactly." You huffed, hanging your legs off the side of the bed, rubbing your eyes.

"How is everyone?" You directed the question more toward coulson. Everyone was dealing with Trip's death in different ways, you just wanted to make sure they were all alright.

"Just trying to keep busy." Coulson replied simply and you nodded your head.

"And you?" Coulson queried, obviously having already asked Skye that question.

"I've been in here 24 hours and already want to punch my way out so..." You shrugged, sharing a small sad glance with Skye.

"Like I said to skye, the minute you're both okay, we'll let you straight out these quarantine rooms back with the rest of us." Coulson assured you, though as much as he tried, it didn't make the situation any better than it was.

"Simmons, is she back?" You questioned, hoping for some sort of distraction.

"Not yet, she has a team documenting whatever they can in the tunnels, cleaning up. But it's slowly going with no electricity. She'll asses the structural integrity of the place, and if possible, blow one of the vertical shafts under the ocean floor. Flood the city with water." Coulson explained, looking between the two of you as he spoke.

"And drown it for good." Skye concluded, she now stood centimetres from the glass.

"Hopefully the bedrock wasn't too badly damaged by the quake. The temple collapsed on itself. It's a miracle you're both still alive." Coulson added and you nodded your head.

"I'm just glad we both made it, i've got you to thank for that." You half smiled at Skye. You had been knocked out by the rock, she had to carry you out otherwise you were left for dead.