Terregenesis Pt.8

Warnings: Swearing

——————————————————

"Are you watching me sleep?" You turned your body to face Skye who was indeed watching you.

"Correction: admiring." Skye raised an eyebrow as she corrected you, causing you to smile a little.

"How flattering. How are you feeling?" You say up in bed slightly, leaning your head on her shoulder as you rubbed your sleepy eyes.

"Different. I'm not sure if i'm a fan of these." Skye raised her arms as she looked at the braces she wore.

"I'm sure you'll get used to them. Eventually you won't have to wear them." You tried to create positive thoughts surrounding them as you could already tell she didn't like them whether she admitted it or not.

"Yeah, eventually. Anyway, you? How are you feeling?" Skye looked down at you but you shrugged.

"Honestly? I'm not quite sure." You told Skye and she pulled you slightly closer to her.

"I wish it was just the two of us. And we never had to leave this room. We could just stay in bed and everything will be okay." Skye sighed and you kissed her cheek.

"That would be nice. But unfortunately we can't have that right now. Jemma wants to see us." You linked your fingers with Skye's.

"And how do you know that?" Skye challenged but you pointed to her phone on her lap that had flashed when Simmons had sent a message.

"Because she won't stop pestering us. It's already 10am, why didn't you wake me?!" You sat up straight now, although wished nothing more than to go back to sleep.

"I got distracted." Skye shrugged but you both eventually got out of bed to sort yourselves out.

———

"Well, the bruising has started to fade. Though i'm afraid these stress fractures will require a bit more tule to heal." Jemma explained as she took a look at Skye's arms.

"Great. I tried to go Zen to keep my powers in check, only to find myself back on the DL." Skye sighed as she pulled the equipment of her arms, with the help of Jemma. The three of you, and Fitz sat on the table near the kitchen in the bus. Lucky for you, you got your checkup done as quick as possible, now just waiting for Simmons to finish with Skye.

"The down low?" Fitz looked at Skye puzzled, not quite understanding her 'lingo'.

"The disabled list." Skye clarified, making you chuckle a little as realisation fell on Fitz's face.

"Oh, yeah, that makes more sense." Fitz nodded, walking round the table to stand on your right, the four of you crowding round the table now.

"Yeah. And now i'm all..." Skye waved her arms about, everyone understanding what she was meaning.

"You know, it could just be growing pains. From her new powers." Fitz stated, pacing around you again.

"It's okay, Fitz. You don't have to put a positive spin on this." Skye gave him
a small smile before glancing at you.

"I'm not doing that. I would never patronise the... well the-" He had to take a minute to figure out another way to word his thoughts as you, skye and jemma looked at him, the three of you knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"Things change, that's what i'm saying. So, maybe if you can both learn to control this, then you could have avengers level powers. Something like Captain America even." Fitz continued, pausing to look at the three of you.