5. Parties bring surprises

"What do you mean by 'we had dinner together' and bring it to me so casually!" Sam exclaimed.

"Didn't you think I just had a stupid crush?" Jisung nagged at his best friend.

"Well yes, I do think that. But now that you know he's Lewis's friend and that you're practically in the same friend circle there's so much more potential! What if it turns into something more!"

"I thought you said I couldn't have my biggest and greatest romance of all time?" Jisung sarcastically said once more.

"Well I don't think you will have a big and great romance, but you might have a romance. And a shot at something is still better than nothing." Sam sounded so excited for his best friend getting more familiar with his crush. "Well then? Tell me all about it now!"

Jisung laughed, "it really wasn't much, he saved me a seat at the library so I could study and-"

"HE SAVED YOU A SEAT?! Jisung, he clearly wanted you to sit next to him if he saved it for you especially! You know how much the librarian always nags when we try to save eachother seats during the quiet days, I can't even imagine how he got to keep that seat free during EXAM SEASON!"

Jisung loved seeing his friend this excited for him. He liked it when Sam teased him and when they made fun of eachother, but he loved seeing Sam so energetic. Especially because usually Jisung was the energetic one.

"Yes, so anyway... we studied the entire day and then he tried his very best to convince me to get out of the library. And at first I made a joke that I'd only go if he paid for dinner, but he actually did pay for my pizza!" Jisung sqealed.

"Oh dear, I don't think Minho's straight, this man is FALLING for you. I'm telling you, he wants you."

"Sam, now you're exaggerating and you know it. He probably just saw a friend, maybe, who had been in a stuffy place all day without eating. He probably was just concerned for my blood circulation, I heard it can be dangerous for you if you sit too long."

"Jisunggggg," Sam said annoyed, "we have to find more about what he thinks of you, I think it's time to schedule that meet up with all of Lewis's friends now."

"Absolutely not, exams are soon, I need one hundred percent focus on that."

Sam sighed, but he agreed, "alright then, but the second the last exam ends, we're hanging out with them!"

Jisung couldn't help but feel excited and jumpy. I'm acting like a highschooler instead of a college student.

The exams went by slowly and studying was very hard. For the first time since school started, the dorms were quiet the entire day. Most students were revising in their dorm because the library was always full, and when they wanted to unwind they went outside or to the gym. Jisung was very grateful for it, at least he could study in peace.

"Oh my fucking god, I'm so glad all that is over, I need to turn off my brain for a while!" Jisung exclaimed as he walked into his dorm after his final exam of the semester.

"Well isn't that wonderful news," Lewis said with a mischievous grin, "because I already called my friends, they're all coming over tomorrow and if you get Sam we can all turn our brains off together."

"You seem really proud of yourself, but alright. Humour me, how will we turn our brains off?" Jisung was starting to get comfortable with Lewis now and they had become much better friends since their last hangout.

"Drink until we can't remember the stupid mistakes our drunken selves will make." Lewis seemed to be happy about it, almost as if he couldn't wait to be blackout drunk. "Oh! Did you just roll eyes at me, young man? How dare you disrespect your elders like that!" Lewis, too, had become a lot more playful with Jisung.

"Unlike you, drunken me doesn't make mistakes, I'm very wise for a young man." Jisung stuck his tongue out to provoke the older boy.

After an exhausting examweek and a lot of stress, Jisung and Sam were finally meeting all of Lewis's friends. They all agreed to hang out at Lewis and Jisung's dorm and spend the night playing drinking games. When they all felt like they needed a break from drinking they stopped playing and just talked while the music played in the background.

Jisung and Sam sat in a corner of the room talking by themselves. "I can't believe you haven't made a single move on Minho yet," a very tipsy Sam giggled, "you're so stupid."

"Like you're any better, you don't even know when someone is flirting with you!" Jisung, also pretty drunk, protested.

Sam broke the silence between them again by saying, "maybe that's because I'm only focused on one person." It came out rather awkward and Sam's ears turned red.

"OH? You like someone?! Who is it? Do I know them? Anyone at this party?"

"Something like that"

"Come on dude, just tell me!" Jisung whined. A few heads turned their way, including Minho's, but Jising gestured for them to focus on their own conversations. Jisung then looked at his best friend again, "seriously, I want to know!" He said as he scooted closer, "just whisper it into my ear, I won't tell anyone, promise!"

"You're even more annoying with alcohol in your body" Sam giggled again. Then he leaned in to whisper into Jisung's ear. "It's..."

Sam pulled back a little bit, "nevermind, forget it." He was about to turn away again but Jisung put his face closer to Sam again. "No, tell me, I'm too curious."

Their noses were now touching and Sam was trying to breathe. "It's you." And then he planted a kiss on Jisung's lips. Sam smelled the alcohol on both their lips and quickly got reminded that both of them weren't in their right mind right now and pulled away. But as Sam pulled away he couldn't quite identify the look on Jisung's face. He looked perplexed, but then again he didn't look confused or upset. Just as Sam was about to get up from their position on the floor, Jisung pulled Sam back down and kissed him.

"OOOHHHHH" a couple of the dudes in the room shouted in admiration when they spotted the two kissing. They immediately stopped and looked away from eachother. "I knew you guys would get it on eventually." Lewis smirked.

Jisung looked at Lewis, and then the rest of the boys, then and Minho and then back at Sam. When his eyes met Sam's eyes he realised what he had just done and backed away from Sam. "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to- I mean, I-" Jisung didn't know how to gather his thoughts and put them into words. Suddenly he felt as if he was completely sober again and reality hit him in the face.

"I need to leave" Jisung hurriedly got up and made his way out of the dorm as fast as possible.

"Jisung where are you going? You live here!" He could hear Lewis shout, but he didn't care. He felt awkward and uncomfortable and had immediately regretted what he did. Jisung just wanted to get as far away as possible.
He walked all the way down the hall, well, more like speed walked. When he heard a familiar voice shout his name behind him he quickly turned the corner and ran as fast as he could. He ran out of building and all the way to the backside of the hill, where he hoped no one would find him. Jisung felt ashamed and embarrassed. He had just kissed his best friend who had confessed to him, but knew he had no interest of pursuing anything with him. Jisung felt guilty towards Sam and hoped his best friend wouldn't hate him for leading him on.

Jisung's phone started vibrating and when he checked it he saw that Sam was calling him. He sighed and turned his phone off.

Fuck.