13. The truth

"I forgot my wallet." Jisung said before him and Sanha left to get lunch. "Just wait here, I'll go get it."

"Let me go with you." Sanha said concerned for the other.

"It's fine, they probably already left." Jisung hoped it was true. "Just wait here."

Sanha didn't agree, but he waited in place for Jisung anyway.

When Jisung entered the hallway to his dorm he could hear someone yelling.
It was Sam, he knew very well. He also heard another voice before he turned the corner, it was Lewis. He must have come back from classes.

"Let go of him, Sam!" That was Lewis.

"IF I LOSE JISUNG, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" And that was Sam.

Jisung carefully peaked around the corner to see Sam, Lewis and Minho in front of the door to his dorm. Minho was pressed flat against the wall by Sam. The younger boy showed no signs of letting Minho go, Sam was grabbing Minho's shirt like his life depended on it.
Lewis was trying to separate the two boys, but he had no luck. It didn't matter how strong Lewis was from all the working out he did, Sam's willpower was stronger. Jisung quickly messaged Sanha.

Jisung

Just go ahead without me. Sam needs me, I need to fix this.

Jisung inhaled deeply and turned the corner to face them.

"Sam, get off of Minho."

The entire situation froze and all boys turned their head to Jisung. Sam loosened his grip on Minho's collar as soon as he heard his friend's voice and Lewis took the chance to pry him off of Minho.

"Jisung." Only now Jisung saw that Sam had been crying. Fresh tears were rolling over the dried up ones. Jisung wanted to be angry at Sam, but when he saw his friend in this state, it broke him.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Jisung asked teary eyed.

It seemed like the adrenaline had finally left Sam's body and his legs gave in. Sam fell on his knees, his hands on the ground in front of him. "I'm so sorry, Jisung."

Jisung quickly rushed over to Sam and wrapped his arm around him. "Let's talk about this, Sam."

Jisung and Lewis made an agreement to talk to the boys separately. Jisung took Sam to Sam's dorm and Lewis pulled Minho inside Jisung and Lewis's dorm.

"You're my best friend, so I can't help but worry about you, but I'm still so angry at you. You better explain yourself quickly." Jisung said as he put down two glasses of water in front of them.

Sam took a big sip from his glass. "I will tell you everything, but first you need to know that I didn't kiss him. He kissed me, I didn't want any of this to happen."

A silence fell before Sam had the courage to speak again.

"I invited him over to work on the project, we were just going to do the assignment and I wasn't planning on even talking to him unless I absolutely had to. But then he suddenly started talking about self discovery or whatever and that he thought I was pretty."

Jisung felt his stomach twist. So he's like that with everyone.

Sam continued, "and I should have seen it coming, but it took me so by surprise. And when he leaned in to kiss me, I just froze. I didn't know what to do and it felt so wrong, god, I felt so disgusting." Sam started crying again. "And then you came in and the moment you slammed that door I realised I wouldn't be able to tell you what just happened. I feel so bad, Jisung. I don't want this."

Jisung pulled Sam into a hug as close as he could, "my god, you were sexually assaulted too and all I did was get angry at you, I'm so sorry."

"What do you mean by 'too'? When did you get sexually assaulted? Are you okay?" Sam was always like this, he could put all his worries aside if it meant helping Jisung.

"I was actually on my way to tell you when I entered your dorm earlier."

"Did Sanha do anything to you?!" Sam's tears dried up like he was ready to fight someone again.

"It was Minho. On the day of the lockdown. I was afraid to tell you, I didn't know what you would think of me." Jisung turned his head down. "And the worst thing about it was that he said something similar to me as he did to you. I thought that just maybe, he actually liked me. But he's just a scum who takes whatever he can get."

The two friends hugged it out and spent their time together thoroughly discussing the situation.
"God Sam, I wish I was in love with you so neither of us would have to go through this."
Sam's eyes turned to the ground and he started fiddling with his fingers.
"I'm sorry, Sam. That came out clumsy. You're best friend and you will ALWAYS be. I don't mean to be misleading to you."

"I know," Sam smiled softly, "it's okay. I wish there would have been a better guy approaching you that is not such a dick like Minho."

"Yeah, I wish there was someone who is better for us. We don't deserve this shit." Jisung paused for a moment. "I kissed Sanha."

"OH?!" Sam gasped

"But it felt weird and wrong. He's cute, but I don't see him like that."

"Finally guys are falling for you and you're just letting them pass by? What a waste."

"Hm, bet you wish I didn't let it go to waste, huh?"

"Jisung, you seriously gotta stop flirting with me if you don't want me to get the wrong idea." Sam laughed.

Jisung pushed Sam playfully, "you should have never confessed. You were right, it goes straight to my ego."

Sam laughed too. And just like that, for a mere moment, they were okay again.

When Jisung got back to his own dorm, he made Lewis kick Minho out. Jisung didn't want to hear what either of them had to say.

For the next few weeks, Minho was seen more and more often being close with boys. It seemed like the bastard had gotten comfortable enough in his skin and was now testing out anyone he could find. And there were a lot, Minho always had been quite popular. Jisung even caught Sanha flirting with Minho, that disgusted him the most. Jisung wished he could whipe his memory of Minho completely. Especially when that rat held other boy's hands and smiled oh so lovely at them. Jisung couldn't stand it. His stomach would twist and turn and he often lost his appetite because of it.

Lewis still hung out with Minho. Jisung didn't blame him for sticking with his friend, but he always made sure avoid the dorms when he knew Minho was stopping by. He also didn't want to talk about anything that had to do with Minho, so Lewis avoided talking about him when Jisung was around too.

Lewis always made sure to notify Jisung when Minho was coming over. So it came as a surpise to the both of them when Minho stormed in their room, covered in fresh cuts and bruises.