27. New kid

Jisung had texted Sam that he would walk with Minho the next morning and that he would meet Sam right before class instead. As always, Sam didn't mind. Though he did tell Jisung to walk with him for at least three out of five days so that he wouldn't be lonely.

Minho was right on time and immediately grabbed Jisung's hand as he stepped outside.

"Minho!" Jisung pulled his hand away. "What if we get caught?"

Minho took Jisung hand again. "Just until campus okay? As long as we're on dorm grounds no one important is going to see."

Jisung was okay with that, as long as he didn't get Minho into any trouble.

When they arrived, they had trouble saying goodbye. Not emotionally, but physically. Both of them wanted some kind of intimacy, like a quick kiss goodbye or even a hug would be great. But they knew they couldn't.
Now it felt awkward, because just leaving without physically saying goodbye felt weird and empty.

"I guess I'll just go then." Minho said, but he kept standing in place.

Jisung held out his fist, "I know it's stupid, but it's a lot better than nothing." He said, nodding at his fist.

Minho understood they couldn't do a lot more. He wouldn't mind, but he knew Jisung didn't want to cause any trouble. "Anything just to touch you." Minho smiled and fistbumped Jisung.

Jisung went to find his seat next to Sam, but Minho lingered uncomfortably by the door a little longer. Just so he could look at Jisung a little more until his class started.

After finding his seat, Jisung noticed Minho was still standing outside the class. Jisung wanted to wave, but Minho wasn't looking at him anymore. He was staring at something straight ahead, something outside of class.

Jisung saw Minho's face stiffen and turn pale. Just when Jisung wanted to get up from his seat, Minho turned around and walked away. A couple of seconds later his teacher walked in and it seemed like class was starting. Jisung hoped Minho was okay.

There wasn't too much time to think about what exactly just happened, because his teacher already made an announcement.

"I have an exciting announcement! Today we have a transfer student joining us, please welcome them with an open heart and mind. Please introduce yourself." The teacher stretched his arm out and pointed towards the door with an open palm.

Through the door walked a fairly attractive boy around Jisung's age, maybe a little older even. He took the teacher's place and introduced himself.

"Hello everyone, my name is Yeonwoo Kim! I'm looking forward to the classes with my new classmates."

Jisung decided he seemed like a nice kid, maybe he would even try to befriend him.
Yeonwoo sat down not too far from Jisung and Sam, but too far to start a conversation.

Jisung flinched as someone pulled him aside directly when he exited the classroom at the end of the lecture.

"Jeez, Minho, you scared me."

It was Minho who had pulled on his arm to take him aside.

"Yeah, that was kinda rough." Sam stated, who was walking right beside Jisung.

"I'm sorry. There's something you need to know Jisung. Please do not-"

Minho cut himself off and froze as the next person left the classroom. Minho immediately stepped in front of Jisung and protectively put his hand in front of him.

"Please do not talk to him." Minho finished.

Jisung frowned as he looked at Yeonwoo leaving the classroom. Yeonwoo stopped too.
For a moment it was just the three boys staring at Yeonwoo and Yeonwoo staring back.

"Did you wait for me? Finally made up your mind to make it up to me?" Yeonwoo smiled, but his hands were tightly holding onto the straps of his backpack.

"Make it up to you?!" Minho stepped forward and grabbed Yeonwoo by his collar. "Why would I make it up to you?!"

Jisung's mind went blank, not fully understanding what was happening. He wanted to step in, but he also wanted to believe Minho wasn't doing this without reason.

"What's wrong with you Minho." Sam had more courage than Jisung and had stepped in between the two of them, putting his hand on Minho's chest. "I get that he's new, but are you that worried he's going to do something to Jisung?"

Minho stepped back, "yes." Then he grabbed Jisung's hand, and dragged him away.

"Minho, what was that all about?" Jisung was frustrated. He didn't understand what was going on and why Minho did what he did.

"I just- please do not interact with Yeonwoo."

"Please just tell me what's going? I don't understand you at all right now. Yeonwoo seems like a nice kid."

"DO NOT TALK TO HIM!" Minho yelled at Jisung, which was something he had never done during their relationship.

Jisung flinched and covered his ears, immediately turning away from Minho. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Jisung cried out. His heart rate sped up from the scare.

Minho's eyes widened and his heart started racing too. But not in the same way it had just done with Yeonwoo, it was more of an ache this time. "Jisung, I- I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell..."

Minho put his hand on Jisung's shoulder, barely touching the soft fabric of his sweater before Jisung shrugged him off.
Jisung turned back to Minho. He wasn't really crying, but a few glistening tears were rolling down his cheeks.

"I don't know what has gotten into you, but I'm going to go now."

"Jisung, no. Wait-"

"No, Minho. I do not feel safe with you right now, I'm going to see Sam."

Minho wanted grab Jisung's hand and pull him in for a hug, but he knew now was not the time. Minho had just broken his own heart by hurting Jisung. He did it again. Hurt Jisung.

It was the worst feeling ever.

Jisung walked as quickly as he could through the now empty hall. Sam had texted him that he went back to his dorm.

Jisung quickly wiped away his dried up tears before entering Sam's dorm. Jisung hated it when he cried out of shock, he wasn't even really sad, he just got scared for a moment. He hated it more when someone yelled at him though. Especially when that someone was Minho.

"Hey, Jisung. I hope you don't mind, Yeonwoo is also here. Did you find out why Minho freaked out like that?" Sam was already getting up to get Jisung something to drink.

"No, he wouldn't tell me." Jisung quickly glanced at Yeonwoo, wondering why Minho hated the idea of them interacting so much.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you and Minho anyway?" Yeonwoo was sitting on Sam's couch, already looking a little too comfortable.

Jisung wasn't sure if he should tell Yeonwoo, but then he realised he would probably find out one way or another anyway. "Minho's my boyfriend."

Yeonwoo shifted in his seat, suddenly seeming tense. Jisung didn't mind that Yeonwoo seemed a little less comfortable now, but he did mind the sudden weird ambiance in the room.

"What are you to him anyway?" Jisung didn't want it to come across in a mean way, but he couldn't help to sound annoyed.

"Ex-boyfriend."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"What did you even do for him to be this mad at you?" Jisung wished someone would just tell him already.

"It's not what I did to him, it's what he did to me. He broke my heart and he will probably do the same to you."