8. That bitch

"Excuse me, he is WHAT?!" Sam sounded offended.

"Homophobic." Jisung said softly.

"Oh no, I heard you the first time. I just can't believe this piece of shit is lowkey flirting with you and then he's angry because two boys kiss? HELL NAW."

"Sam, he was just being kind. You know, before he knew I was gay. He was just being friendly with me, that's all." Jisung sighed. He didn't want to talk about it anymore, but if they stopped talking about it, he would be thinking about it either way. It was better to share these kind of things so your heart won't feel so heavy. Though Jisung's heart was feeling very heavy and he didn't seem to able to get rid of this forgodsaken feeling.

Sam shook his head, "he SAVED you a seat during the busiest period at the library and he PAYED for your pizza."

"You have done those things before." Jisung rolled his eyes.

"I'm not sure if I'm a good example," Sam raised an eyebrow, "did you forget already?"

"Right."

"Though yes, friends would do that too, I suppose." Sam sighed. "But then again, were you really friends already?"

"I guess not, we just spoke occasionally when he came over for Lewis. Other than that we just sat in silence next to eachother at the library." Jisung was staring at the ground, not knowing what to do with the situation. "I feel like I should talk to Minho about it, maybe clear some things up or something. But there isn't much clearing up to do, because this is just who I am. And he doesn't like that."

"You don't have to explain shit to him, he's the asshole. Let's just not hang out with him anymore. Everytime he comes over to see Lewis you can come to my dorm, it's usually unlocked anyway." Sam embraced Jisung and stroked his back to comfort him.

"Thank you, Sam." Jisung hugged him back. "Can I sleep over tonight?"

"You can sleep over whenever you want, let's go get your stuff."

When they arrived at Jisung's dorm, the boy's stomach twisted. Minho was still there, staring annoyed at Jisung as he entered. Jisung kept his head down and quickly got his clothes and books. From the corner or his eye Jisung saw Lewis nudge Minho.

"Jisung," Minho started and looked at Lewis again, but Lewis just gestured for him to say the rest, "can we talk?"

Jisung froze in his tracks, absolutely not knowing what to say. He turned around and slowly blinked at Minho. He wanted to say something sassy, like I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore. But nothing came out of his mouth.

Lewis looked at the both of them, "yes, he can. Sam and I will wait outside." Lewis grabbed Sams arm and dragged him outside. "Minho, behave." He said before closing the door behind him.

Minho and Jisung were all alone in the room now. Jisung was wondering how the ambiance felt for Minho, for Jisung it felt heavy and uncomfortable.

"Lewis pointed out to me," Minho started, not looking anywhere near Jisung, "that I shouldn't have acted the way I did." Minho still seemed angry saying it, like he had been forced to say it.

Jisung stayed silent.

Minho sighed deeply, "look, I get that you're gay and shit, but it makes me very uncomfortable seeing it. Just keep that shit away from me, not everyone needs to know."

Jisung finally looked directly at Minho, his firsts balling up and tears forming in his eyes. "But literally everyone knows you're straight and that is out in the open too."

"That's different, that's normal."

At least it worked, this talk definitely helped Jisung over his romantic feelings for Minho. He was feeling something very different now.

"HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?!" Jisung shouted, a single tear rolling from his eyes. He quickly turned to grab his bag and stormed out the door. He just kept walking until Sam caught up with him.

"Jisung, Jisung! What happened?" Sam said concerned and wrapped his arm around Jisung's shoulder.

"I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM!" Jisung cried out as his tears finally started flowing.

This was perhaps the first time Jisung was directly confronted with Homophobia. He didn't look or act stereotypically gay, so nobody had shouted slurs at him yet. His parents were very accepting and he never had many friends because he was homeschooled up until college. And then in college he met Sam who was bisexual and he never really told Lewis until he found out himself at their party.

After Jisung had explained what happened, Sam started to get angry too. "I'll turn around right now and beat that bitch up! Just tell me the word and I'll turn around and go back, geez I'm so angry!" Jisung laughed a little at Sam's words.

"What are you laughing at? I'm dead serious." Sam said appalled.

"I love you, but you'll lose that fight and you know it. Let's just go back to your dorm." Jisung linked arms with Sam. "Thank you for being my best friend."

"My pleasure." Sam smiled at Jisung and Jisung smiled back.

"If it's not too sensitive of a topic, can I tell you what Lewis told me while we were waiting outside for you and Minho?" Sam asked when they opened the door to Sam's dorm. Jisung nodded and Sam continued, "he told me he was super angry with Minho for treating you like this. Lewis didn't want to get into it too much, but Minho has his own issues and he asked Minho how he would feel if anyone treated him differently because of that. Apparently Lewis even yelled at him to apologise to you, he couldn't believe Minho had been acting that rude." Sam paused for a bit so Jisung had time to process it.

"And after you stormed out like that... I bet Lewis is giving him a second scolding right as we speak." Sam got them both a drink from his mini fridge.

"I can't believe he stood up for me like that, especially because Minho has been his friend for so much longer." Jisung stared at his drink. Jisung found himself getting quiet a lot lately, but it was just a lot of information to process. "I should text him."

Sorry for storming out earlier. Sam told me what you did for me, thank you Lewis.

Jisung sighed, another thing he had been doing a lot lately. "I'm sorry Sam, but I don't think I want to go to class tomorrow."

"Then we won't go." Sam sounded indifferent to the matter.

"What? No. You should go, don't skip it because of me."

"It's fine, I can miss a day." Sam smiled, "so, what do you want to do tomorrow?"

"Something far away from Minho, please."

"That's a given. What about... a picnic and then we go to the movies? We can picnic here on campus and then take the bus to the city." Sam proposed.

"If the weather is in our favour," Jisung said, "that would be a fucking great idea, I'm in!" Jisung knew Minho had classes during the day, the chances of running into him outside were slim to zero.

"Sounds like a plan then!" Sam smiled at his friend, who already seemed to be feeling a bit better. They spent the entire afternoon just hanging out and making eachother laugh until they fell asleep together in Sam's bed again.