48. In motion

They could almost set their plans in motion. They only needed Sanha's cooperation now. He would play the main role in this revenge, which is why it was tricky. Jisung would have to explain everything and if Sanha didn't agree to it, their success rate would be low.

"I'm in."

"I'm sorry, what?" Jisung stared blankly at Sanha.

"I said, I'm in." And just like that Sanha was convinced. "He tried to gaslight me too, I can tell he'll try to do anything for a little bit of attention. It will work."

Apparently in the time Jisung and Sanha hadn't really spoken, Yeonwoo had tried to paint Jisung in a bad light to Sanha. He had almost believed it, if it wasn't for Jisung trying to reconcile their friendship.
When things were stable with Minho again, Jisung had contacted Sanha. Asking if they could hang out again. They had only met up a couple of times in between events, but their relationship as friends was good again. Sanha knew Jisung wouldn't hurt a fly. But somewhere along the way Yeonwoo had gotten word that Jisung rejected Sanha to be with Minho. Of course he jumped at this chance to get back at both Minho and Jisung. But because of Jisung's impeccable timing, he had failed.
Sanha hadn't rejected Yeonwoo completely, but he had kind of left it in the middle. And contact between the two faded out naturally when Yeonwoo saw another opportunity to hurt Minho.

Now Jisung explained all that had happened with him and Minho because of Yeonwoo. What the boy had done and what it had caused. And almost immediately Sanha was convinced that someone needed to do something about Yeonwoo before it got worse.

"I would gladly be the key in this plan. I've always wanted to get into acting, but my parents wouldn't let me." Sanha smirked. "I'll consider this good practise."

And that’s how it started. Their plan was now in motion. All Jisung had to do was sit back and wait for results. They planned to meet with Sanha every once in a while to check how it was going. Sanha had to erase every text he got from Jisung and Minho. Just to make sure Yeonwoo wouldn’t be able to catch on. When they met, it could only be in person and never at someone’s dorm.
It was a lucky detail that Innie’s dorm happened to be in the same hallway as Sanha’s. This way it wouldn’t be weird if one of the boys was spotted around there. Especially if it was Sam. It was his job to eavesdrop from time to time.
Of course Sam was down for it, he loved to eavesdrop because with eavesdropping comes gossiping. He had to be careful not to spill the tea to the wrong people though. But as long as he kept it in their circle, it should be fine.

Their first get together was after two weeks at a public library far from campus. After these weeks Sanha had found out Yeonwoo almost never left the school grounds. A library seemed the safest place to meet since they also had one on campus. If Yeonwoo needed books, he would go there and not out in the city.

“So far it’s working out I think.” Sanha started after they sat down.

Jisung and Minho came together today. They thought it would be best if Jisung came with Minho or Sam, since it would be likely that they were going to the city to hang out. If Jisung came alone and Yeonwoo saw, it might raise suspicions. They were very careful in every step.
Then afterwards the boys would debrief the rest of the group. Of course everyone was in on it. All the boys had seen what hurt Minho’s dad had caused. Physically and mentally. They wanted to make sure Yeonwoo would pay for his actions too.
Maybe their plan wasn’t big or would do a huge amount of damage. But they thought it would be enough to make Yeonwoo think twice.

“I started talking to Yeonwoo again. In the beginning he seemed a bit sceptical, but I convinced him by saying I’ve been thinking about his words again recently and that he was right. About that Jisung is a horrible person too.” Sanha scoffed. “It seemed to give him a huge ego boost, being told that his words were taken for truth.”

“Maybe your acting is just very convincing.” Jisung took a sip from his drink and leaned back in his chair. “So you’re saying he trusts you already?”

Sanha shook his head. “He seem comfortable with me for now, but I don’t think he fully trusts me yet. It won’t take long though. All I have to do is kiss up to him a couple of times and he’ll think I worship him and believe every word he says.”

Minho nodded. “I guess he is like that. I can’t believe I didn’t see that before.”

“You loved him.” Jisung shrugged. “We’re always willing to ignore someone’s faults when we love them.”

Jisung stared into the library that was actually below them. They had taken the stairs to get to the café. From their spot you could look over the entire library, giving a clear view of the people entering and checking out books.

“Is there anything important you’ve found out yet?” Minho asked.

“Just that I think it will be easy to separate him from his support system. He doesn’t really seem to have one here. He has a couple of friends, but he doesn’t see them much I think. He primarily hangs out with me now because I’m the only one that shows interest in his delusions.” Sanha informed.

“Delusions?” Minho asked.
“Yeah, the guy is completely obsessed with you Minho. He tries not to show it, but he talks about you all the time.” Sanha sighed.

Minho raised an eyebrow. He didn’t even need to say anything. That one gesture was enough because Sanha started talking again.

“Yeah, like, he loves to talk about how you hurt him. It’s the same story over and over again. But since he knows that I know you and Jisung, he just can’t stop ranting.”

“It must be hard keeping a straight face when someone says things about people you know.” Jisung thought what it would be like if he had to play the role that Sanha was in right now. He wouldn’t be able to do it, pretend like his close friends were his enemies.

“Sometimes it is.” Sanha paused to think and took a sip from his drink. “But all I have to say it “god, they’re the worst” and he goes on to his next rant.”

They finished their drinks and left it at this. There wasn’t much yet to talk about, since they had only started this mission for two weeks. Sanha wasn’t close enough to provide them with more information.
Sanha promised to text Jisung as soon as he found something interesting. Until then he would note the things down in a secured folder in his phone. Once they got information that they could blackmail Yeonwoo with, that was the end of their mission. If Minho had leverage against Yeonwoo, maybe then he would stop.
At the end of the day they took separate busses back to campus. Everything to make sure they wouldn’t be seen together. Even if it was just on accident by a different classmate.

Jisung and Sam actually saw Sanha the next day already. But only from afar. During lunchbreak. Usually the two wouldn’t even eat lunch in the cafeteria but they couldn’t help being curious about Yeonwoo.
Jisung saw how Sanha apologetically skipped his own friends and sat down at Yeonwoo’s table. Two other guys and a girl were at that table as well, but they seemed a lot more interested in each other. Not so much in Yeonwoo. When Sanha sat down next to Yeonwoo, Jisung saw his eyes lit up.

He wasn’t wrong. Jisung thought as he remembered Sanha saying Yeonwoo didn’t have a lot of friends. As soon as Sanha sat down, Yeonwoo started talking to him.
Sanha’s acting was pretty convincing indeed. He smiled politely, asked questions and pretty much looked at Yeonwoo the entire time. Only once did Sanha turn away from Yeonwoo to take a bite from his lunch. When he made eye contact with Jisung, he rolled his eyes to say, “I’ve had enough of this guy.”
Jisung immediately turned to Sam to chuckle.

Things were moving slow, but in the right direction. Soon, Yeonwoo would trust Sanha completely and together they would take that trust away from him.