21. It's not over yet

They had arrived at Minho's dorm around five in the afternoon. Jisung thought it was a bit early for dinner. But he was pleasantly surprised what Minho said after Jisung sat down.

"I'll get something for you to drink. Just wait here and I'll cook for you."

No one had every cooked dinner for Jisung, so he thought it was very special. Well, his parents had of course, but that is different. Now someone was cooking for him with romantic intent, that was special.

Minho had put on some music and Jisung saw him walk around the small kitchen space. Sometimes Minho would glance back to the waiting Jisung and do a silly dance to make him laugh. It worked. Though it took a while before dinner was ready, Jisung wasn't bored for a second.
Minho set the table while something was getting ready in the oven. He opened a bottle of wine and poured two glasses.

"Oh, I don't like wine." Jisung didn't want to sound rude, but he also didn't want to drink something he didn't like.

"Ah, so stupid. I didn't know." Minho started to take the glasses away.

"No, wait. I'll try it." Jisung took a glass and took a small sip. Minho could tell Jisung hated it by the way his face stiffened.

"It's good, right?" Minho teased.

"Hm, it's... it's not that bad." Jisung looked at Minho with a guilty face and tried to take another sip. Luckily for Jisung, Minho stopped him.

"Stop!" Minho laughed. "I know you think it's disgusting, I'll get you something else. How's sprite?"

"Oh god, thank you. I really can't drink wine."

"I can tell."

They both laughed and sat down at the dinner table. Because Minho's dorm only needed one bed, the dorm was big enough to practically be an apartment. Jisung also noticed how Minho's dorm was definitely bigger than the one Lewis and himself shared. Even with Minho's double bed there was plenty of space to separate the "bedroom" from the rest of the room. Jisung also noticed how clean his dorm was and he wondered if it was always like this or if he had cleaned up just for Jisung.

Minho got the food out of the oven and presented it on the table.
"One hundred percent homemade lasagna. Well, if I had grown the vegetables myself it would be one hundred percent homemade. But I promise everything is as fresh as it can be."

"I don't want to eat it."

This surprised both Minho and Jisung.

"If I had known you didn't like it, I would've made something else. I'm so sorry, so stupid of me." Minho started to take the dish away again.

"No! No! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I do like lasagna and I do want to eat it!" Jisung gestured for Minho to set down the lasagna again. "I mean, no one has ever taken so much effort to cook for me. I can't eat this because it's so sweet, I just want to stare at it forever." Jisung hated how clumsy he was and how stupid he sounded.

To Jisung's surprise Minho started laughing. "Jisung, you're so adorable. Food is meant to be eaten though, please have some."
Jisung smiled and held out his plate for Minho to put the lasagna on.

"Woah! It's so good!" Jisung said as soon as he put the first bite in his mouth. "You're an amazing cook Minho!"

Minho smiled, "if there's anything my mom taught me before passing away, it is how to cook." Minho suddenly realised how pathetic it looked for the two of them to eat dinner at the small table like this.
"I wish I could've taken you home and cooked for you there, I would've loved to introduce you to my parents too. That is if my parents weren't the parents that they are."