45. Almost there

There was a lot left to do for Minho. Get a restraining order against his dad, get questioned more by the police, get appointed an attorney, go to court, wait for a ruling, more court and a lot of other things Jisung couldn't keep up with.
The only thing Jisung could do was attend as much of Minho's appointments as he could and testify against Minho's dad in court.

The judge ended up ruling in Minho's favour and the restraining order was processed smoothly.

"The court finds mister Lee, father of Minho Lee, guilty on counts of emotional abuse and physical abuse." The judge ruled at the final verdict. "A domestic violence protection order will be processed by the court which prohibits mister Lee from contacting Minho Lee. Mister Lee is also prohibited from coming on or near the perimeters of the school and dormitory where Minho Lee resides. The details can be read in the protection order that both parties will receive after the final trial. On top of this verdict, mister Lee is required to pay for his son's school and housing bills until he finishes college and must attend a diversion program for six months while serving a six month sentence. In case the protection order is violated by mister Lee, he may serve six more months in prison and attend twelve months of extra counselling."

The judge let it sink in before saying the final words. "Thank you, court is adjourned."

It had taken months, but finally they were there. This was the end. Minho's dad would get his punishment and Minho was safe. He was free.

After both parties received the legal documents, the court emptied out. Minho's trial was the last of the day, so no new people were coming in. At the end, it was just Minho and Jisung left in the room.

"How do you feel?" Jisung took Minho's hand.

"Everything all at once." Minho stared at his hand that held Jisung's.

"So... what now?" Jisung asked, smiling softly at Minho. He didn't know how his boyfriend felt. Was he relieved? Was he sad that his dad wouldn't be in his life anymore?

But when Minho looked at Jisung again, he smiled.

"So..." Minho said. "Now you."

And before Jisung could asked what he meant by that, he was swept off of his feet, spun around and carried out of the court room bridal style.

The guys were still waiting outside after having left the room when most people left.

"Celebratory beers?" Lewis offered, raising his hand to the air as if he was holding a drink already.

"You use everything as an excuse to drink." Chris laughed. "But I agree, let's celebrate this moment."

Minho nodded, finally putting Jisung down and kissing the top of his head. "And then I'm going to sleep with Jisung in my dorm and have the best carefree sex."

"Minho!" Jisung gasped, his ears turning red.

"I mean it." Minho shrugged, and winked at Jisung. "You better sleep with your earplugs in because I'll make sure Jisung keeps the entire dormitory up at night."

On their way back to the dorms after drinking, Jisung was nervously swinging their joint hands up and down. They both had a couple of beers in them and Jisung didn't know whether Minho was actually planning something or not.

It had sounded like a joke to him at first, but as the evening progressed Minho had gotten more and more touchy with Jisung. First it was Minho playing with Jisung's fingers. Then he squeezed the younger's shoulders. Minho would sit as close to Jisung and he could and publicly touched his thighs. Luckily no one had noticed, but Minho had spent all evening secretly touching Jisung up.

When they finally got to Minho's dorm and the door to the bedroom opened with a squeaking sound, Jisung expected Minho to jump right on top of him.

But it didn't happen.

Minho just silently stood in the doorframe. Jisung sat on the bed, waiting for Minho to follow, but he didn't.
Minho didn't look as happy and confident as right after court. His shoulders were slumped and his fingers were loosely lingering on the doorhandle.

"What's wrong Minho?" Jisung hadn't turned on the light on purpose to keep the mood. But Jisung realised only now that the mood was left behind in last bar they visited.

Jisung had been too nervous and excited on their walk back to realise that Minho had been silent the entire time.

Now Minho's face was hidden by the shadows of the night. For a moment they stood like this in silence.

Then, still muted, Minho's shoulders began to shake. First it was just a little bit, but as soon as Jisung reached out Minho brought his hands to his face and started shaking.
The sobs now poured out and the tears flowed. The more comfort Jisung tried to bring, the harder Minho cried.

Jisung tightly wrapped his arms around Minho and squeezed him in. Soon he felt the fabric of his sweater on his shoulder become wet.
Carefully Jisung placed his hands on Minho's soft hair and stroked down.

"Minho, baby, what's wrong? What happened?" Jisung whispered into Minho's ear and then placed a kiss on his neck.

"I was happy at first..." Minho managed to spit out through his tears.

"But?" Jisung asked in a hushed voice.

"I don't- I am-" Minho swallowed deep, finding the courage to say out loud what he had been thinking about all the way back to the dorm. "I have no parents, I am ALONE."

Minho practically yelled the last word as he burst out in tears again. His shoulders violently shook and his legs began to shake. Eventually he couldn't take it anymore and crashed to the ground. Taking Jisung with him in the progress.

"MINHO!" Jisung's eyes widened but quickly understood what was happening.

"Can you try to sit on the bed for me please?" Jisung felt so sad and a little scared for Minho's state, but he knew that he had to pull himself together.

Minho nodded and Jisung helped him to the bed. Minho immediately grasped the soft sheets with one hand and rubbed his thumb on it.
Minho's sobs became quieter and the shaking became slightly less. Still he couldn't stand up by himself.

"I'm going to get some water for you." Jisung kissed Minho's forehead and ran to the kitchen.

The first thing Jisung did was looking for a waterbottle to fill up. It would be easier to drink from and it didn't matter if Minho's shaky hands would drop it.
Jisung took a look at Minho's organised fridge and found a Snickers bar on the shelf in the door.

"Here." Jisung offered Minho the water bottle while unwrapping the chocolate bar.

Minho gulped down the water almost in one go. When he stopped, Jisung presented the bar to him.
He took it with both hands and ate it while they sat in silence.

When Minho finished the water and the Snickers bar, Jisung laid him down on the bed.

"You have me. You will always have me." Jisung wrapped Minho in his arms. "I know it's not the same, but you can always rely on me."

Minho sniffled new tears into Jisung's sweater. "Thank you, Jisung."

"And you have Lewis. Who, let's be real, sometimes can really act like an annoying dad sometimes."

That earned Jisung a chuckle from Minho.

"So don't worry, we will take care of you. We all will." Jisung kissed the top of Minho's head. "There's me and Lewis, Sam, Innie, Felix, Sky and Chris too. We are your family now."