19. The perfect date

The next few weeks Jisung and Minho spent a lot of time together. Jisung actually felt kind of bad for Sam, because he was leaving him alone a lot. But Sam claimed not to mind it, so Jisung had to believe Sam's word.

"We've hung out a lot these last two weeks." Minho noted.

"Hm, I like it." Jisung said happily. "Even though we don't really do much, I like it a lot."

"Yeah, because I was thinking, we've mostly just chilled in your dorm or studied together. Maybe it's time I finally take you on a real date."

Jisung couldn't decide whether to make a joke or not. He wanted to, because he's usually a very sarcastic person. But then again, just Minho mentioning a date gave him so many butterflies.

"Can you please say something, you're making me a bit nervous. If you don't want to, that's fine too. Maybe I shouldn't have-"
Jisung cut Minho off, "No, I want to! I would love to actually! I was just thinking about joking about it technically being our second date, but I'm just so excited that you want to go on an official date with me. I can't joke about something so exciting."

"Our second date? What was our first one then?" Minho frowned.

"That time you dragged me out of the library and paid for my dinner." Jisung laughed.

"Jisung's, that was just pizza. Though, yes, I liked you back then too. But that's not a real date, I want to take you on a real real date." Minho held Jisung's hand. "Something more romantic."

Jisung beamed, "So you're going to take me out to a fancy restaurant!"

Minho laughed, "Why does everyone think that eating dinner together in an expensive restaurant is the highest form of romance. I'll take you on a better date."

"Oh? What do you have in mind?" Jisung asked curiously.

"I'll have to make a plan, but either way it will be a surprise." Minho winked at Jisung.

"It'll have to be something indoors though or at least where it looks like we're actually just friends." Jisung pouted. "I don't want you to get in trouble with your dad again. There's a reason we've only chilled and studied together."

"Don't even worry about that, I'll think of something good, okay? Let's just watch a movie now, I'll put together a plan later." Minho patted Jisung's head, Jisung nodded.

Jisung turned on The Maze Runner, because it was one of his favourite movies. The other one was The Princess Diaries. He felt silly thinking about why it was one of his favourite movies. It was a simple reason, when he first saw that movie as a little boy he always wished his ordinary life could also become like a fairytale.
Perhaps his life had become less ordinary and more oddinary since he had met Minho.

Later that evening Minho went back to his own dorm and brainstormed on how to put the perfect date together.
Not much later Jisung already received a text message from Minho.

Minho
Okay, I've got it, but I need an entire day. When are you free?

Jisung texted back that he would be free upcoming Saturday, he already couldn't wait for what Minho had planned.

Minho
That's in three days, but I can do it. I'll pick you up between 09:15 and 09:30 on Saturday then!

Jisung wondered about what Minho had planned. The more he thought about it, the more worried he became. He had no idea what to wear, he would definitely not wear the same thing to a fancy restaurant as he would to a hike. And just like that it looked like Minho had read his mind, because the next text Jisung received from Minho was about the dress code.