7. It feels good talking to you

"Can I ask you something though?" Jisung asked Sam as they were walking on campus.

"Sure, go ahead."

"If you liked me that much, why were you still so excited over me liking Minho?"

"Hmm," Sam paused, "well I do like you a lot, but you're also still my best friend, I should be excited when exciting things happen to you. I was genuinely happy for you and maybe also because it was helping me get over my feelings for you."

"How so?"

"You have a lot of random crushes, but you never pursue anything, so it just seemed like I had more chance with you than the people you actually liked." Sam blushed while saying it. "Sorry, that came out kinda clumsy."

"No, I think I get it," Jisung tried to understand, "it's like, I do actually hang out with Minho now and he seems to enjoy my company, so you could see things work out between Minho and I?"

Sam nodded, "yes, it helps me get over my feelings for you. Minho makes you happy and as a best friend, I LOVE seeing you happy like that. It's just that before him you didn't even talk to other boys, so I thought it would never happen."

"Okay rude, I do talk to other boys!" Jisung exclaimed.

"You know Lewis doesn't count right? He's your roommate, you have to talk to him from time to time." Sam laughed.

Jisung playfully pushed Sam. The mood was good and everything seemed back to normal between the two of them, they maybe even felt closer to eachother now.

"Are you guys on good terms again?" Lewis asked when Jisung and Sam entered the dorm again.

"Hm, back to being besties." Jisung said and Sam ruffled the other's hair.

Minho was in the room as well, but he stayed silent. The boy just nodded at Lewis and left. Minho bumped shoulders with Jisung quite harshly as he was pushing past him to rush out the door.

"Ohw, that kinda hurt!" Jisung said gripping his shoulder. But Minho just slammed the door shut after leaving.

"What is that guy's deal?" Sam asked confused. Jisung didn't understand it either, yesterday they were all laughing with eachother and even before that he genuinely thought he was getting closer with Minho.

Lewis raised one eyebrow as well, "no idea, he just came to pick up something he lost here yesterday. Must be very hungover or something." Lewis had an apologetic look on his face.

Maybe he just has a bad day, probably hungover like Lewis said.

"You're probably right, but I just don't understand." Jisung said letting go of his shoulder. "We all laughed together yesterday, why is he so cold now?"

"Just leave him be, he'll probably be back to normal soon." Lewis shook his head. "Anyway, have you seen the new schedules yet? The ones for next semester just got posted."

"It was about time! I need to know what I have to prepare for next week." Jisung knew Lewis was trying to change the topic but he took the bait.

Jisung didn't really see Minho, or any of Lewis's friends for that matter, until the new semester started. He had been busy with preparing his homework in his dorm and hanging out with Sam.

When the new semester had started, Jisung also saw Minho a little more. Minho never seemed to notice him back. Minho was always very focused on whatever he was working on, so Jisung just assumed the older boy genuinely didn't see him.

"Hey, you're at the library too!" Jisung said happily as Sam and him sat next to Minho.

"Yes, studying. So keep quiet." Minho's words were short and he sounded a little angry.

"I'm sorry, I'll keep it down." Maybe he's having a bad again, he seems to be having a lot of those lately.

Minho just made a displeased sound and kept staring at his laptop.

Jisung was soon tapped on his arm by Sam. Without saying anything Sam pointed at his phone and then at Jisung. In return Jisung checked his phone.

If he's having a bad day, maybe you could get him some coffee to cheer him up?

It was a message from Sam. Jisung nodded, he'll appreciate it.

"You seem a little stressed. Here, I got you coffee." Jisung held out the hot cup he just got for Minho.

"I don't want it."

"Do you not like coffee? Then have mine instead, it's hot chocolate." Jisung offered, setting the cup down.

"What about, I do not want it do you not understand?" Minho said, finally looking at Jisung. "If you're not here to study, just go away. Besides that, the library is almost empty, why did you have to sit down next to me!"

Jisung was shocked by the way Minho snapped at him. Jisung felt like Minho was pushing him away just when they were getting closer.

This wasn't the only incident to happen over the next few weeks. Minho didn't say hello or even smile at him when they passed each other in the hallways. He also left the library when Jisung entered. And even though he used to do it regularly before, Minho never came by the dorm anymore.

"Lewis, does Minho hate me?" Jisung asked right as he entered their dorm.

"Not even sitting down before asking questions anymore, huh?" Lewis tried to play it off funny, but it wasn't a joke to Jisung.

"Lewis, I'm serious. Did I do anything to make him hate me? I just feel like I have been a good person, but I can tell he doesn't want to even look at me. Maybe it's just my anxiety and it's all up in my head, but it makes me so anxious to see someone visibly avoiding me, and I just-"

Jisung was cut of by Lewis, "Jisung, don't worry, it's not you at all. Really don't worry about it. Minho just has been-" But at his turn, Lewis was also cut off by their door being opened.

"Why are you fucking EVERYWHERE!" An angry Minho spat out upon seeing Jisung. "Are you following me around or something?!"

"Well, I live and go to school here." Jisung said perplexed, his heart felt heavy after hearing Minho cuss him out.

Minho walked away and slammed the door shut behind him after saying to Lewis, "I thought you said he wouldn't be here right now."

Jisung couldn't help but feel the tears form in his eyes. He didn't understand, he thought they were becoming friends. Why was Minho acting this way?

"So he does hate me." Jisung wanted to ask, but it came out like a statement because he knew, too, that it was true.

He hates me, why does he hate me? What did I ever do wrong? I've just been kind and he was always kind to me before and I just, I- I- where did I go wrong?

"Jisung, I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you before but I just couldn't find a good moment. All the boys are cool with it, but Minho's just-" Lewis started.

Since when does he hate me? He was still friendly with me at the party and- Jisung remembered Minho's cold stare again. After the party, the kiss... that's when things went south.

"Homophobic." Jisung finished for Lewis as he could feel his heart break into a thousand pieces.