50. Change of plans

It had been a long wait, but finally after a couple of weeks they were there. Yeonwoo trusted Sanha completely, they were inseparable. At least, that's what Yeonwoo seemed to believe.

Yeonwoo could almost always be seen cuddled up to Sanha. It surprised Jisung that Yeonwoo hadn’t tried to kiss Sanha yet. Jisung was very thankful, because if that had happened… Sanha definitely would have compromised their mission. And no one would’ve blamed him. Though Yeonwoo wasn’t necessarily ugly, his personality did all the work for him. Which is probably also why he didn’t have much friends and clung to Sanha so much. It was clear Yeonwoo had never developed past high school.

“It’s so funny to see Yeonwoo struggle, to be honest.” Sanha giggled. Since Yeonwoo had proposed Sanha should try to seduce Jisung, they regularly hung out and had become close friends now. Of course Sanha had no intention of actually gaining Jisung’s interest.

“He really thought this would work.” Sanha continued. “As if Minho would fall for someone else that easily.”

Especially in the last couple of weeks Sanha had become very close with the friend group. He often was invited to their hangouts too. Even though he used to have a crush on Jisung, you could usually see him smile around Minho.

“Hm, I will never stop loving Jisung I think.” Minho scrunched his nose together with Jisung's. They sat in their usual spot, curled up on a bean bag together.

“I’m very thankful for your participation of course,” Jisung said to Sanha, “but don’t you want a romantic relationship for yourself too?”

Sanha’s cheeks flushed pink. He touched his cheek with the backside of his palm to check if he was burning up. “Well…”

“You have a crush on someone!” Lewis exclaimed. Wooyoung laughed at the excitement of his boyfriend.

Sanha nodded. “There is this guy, I didn’t notice him before, but he recently dyed his hair a blueish grey. It looks good on him.”

“What’s his name? Do we know him?” The boys could tell Lewis loved knowing all the details. Jisung could only imagine what it was like when he just got to know Minho, was Lewis also pressing him about the details?

“I don’t know if you know him, he’s only in one of my classes.” Sanha’s cheeks stayed a pink shade when he thought about his crush. “His name is Moonbin.”

“Oh, I know him! He’s usually in the gym at the same time as me and Chris.” Lewis nodded in approval.
“I know him too, I have a couple of classes with him.” Sky mentioned. “He’s a great guy. I’d say go for it!”

This made Sanha blush even more. It must be even more nerve wrecking for Sanha now that some of the guys knew his crush too.
They continued to tease Sanha about a little bit more, but they let it go once Yeonwoo got brought up again.

“If you’re going to embarrass him publicly, should we film it?” Sky asked. Sometimes he could be a bit malicious. Though he would never act on it, he showed his thoughts easily.

“That’s a bit much, let’s just see what happens.” Of course Jisung wanted revenge too, and he wanted it to hurt. But being publicly exposed is enough, filming just wasn’t necessary.

“If it wasn’t for Yeonwoo, Minho would never have been beaten up like that. Twice.” Chris chimed in.

“Yeah but if it wasn’t for Yeonwoo I would still be getting beat up.” Minho counterargued. He didn’t mean to pick Yeonwoo’s side, Jisung knew that. Minho was probably just relieved to not have to think about holding Jisung’s hand anymore.

“Don’t say that. Don’t just justify Yeonwoo’s actions.” Lewis said annoyed.

Minho just shrugged. He didn’t seem to pay a lot of attention to the conversation anymore. Jisung could tell something was on his mind, but he probably didn’t want to share it in the group.

Jisung tugged on Minho’s sleeve to get his attention, looked him in the eyes and gestured towards the door. Minho nodded and both boys stood up.

“We’re going to get some fresh air. Does anyone need anything from the store?” Minho asked. The guys gave them a list of snacks and drinks to get and the two boys headed out.

The evening was still young, but the sky had already started to darken. While the sun was still going under, the moon was already making her way up. The last stripes of sunset disappeared as the boys headed to the store. Hand in hand they slowly made their way. Their noses already turned red from the cold breeze.

“What’s going on in there?” Jisung asked and nodded at Minho.

Minho shrugged. “I don’t just want this to backfire.”

“As in?”

“As in, you get hurt again. Yeonwoo definitely likes messing up my life. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to you.” Minho squeezed Jisung’s hands tightly. As if to say, just stay right here with me.

“Don’t worry.” Jisung kicked a rock on the road. It skipped a few steps ahead and made a crackling sound with every bounce. When Jisung reached the stone, he kicked it again. “Yeonwoo is already planning something anyway. It won’t work.”

Minho took a deep breath and sighed. “I guess you’re right. But can we just not do the revenge. Just in case?”

“And people always say I’m too kind for my own good.” Jisung chuckled, but then nodded. “Maybe you’re right and maybe we shouldn’t. I was just really bound on hurting him like how he hurt you.”

“Well…” Minho started. He opened the door to the small convenience store. A bell chimed when they entered. They walked straight to the snack isle. “Maybe it just doesn’t have to be public. It was a pretty stupid plan anyway. I like petty revenge better anyway.”

Jisung raised his eyebrows at Minho, who was inspecting the shelves. “What do you propose?” Jisung asked.

“I think I still have his parents’ contact info somewhere. Maybe we just snitch him like how he snitched me.” Minho grabbed some crisps and threw them into the basket Jisung was holding.

“You had a better idea all along and you never told us?” Jisung couldn’t believe how stupid his own plan sounded. Trying to have someone close to Yeonwoo so they could gather some valuable information and then publicly expose him. It hadn’t even worked that well anyway. The only thing they found out so far was that Yeonwoo was not a clean person, he didn’t have close friends and he was starting to like Sanha.

“I thought it was sweet how you and the guys wanted to take care of me.” Minho smiled and gave Jisung a quick peck on his cheek. “I am just so thankful to have such good friends. Before Lewis and Chris, I only had my mom. And now I have all you and the best boyfriend ever.”

Jisung teared up at the sight of Minho being so vulnerable in front of him. Even though Minho did it more and more over time, Jisung knew he wasn’t like this before.

When they finished paying up, they stuffed everything in the backpack Minho had brought and headed back through the cold and dark evening. Minho and Jisung let their joint hands swing lightly between them. They didn’t say a lot, but they didn’t need to. Everything was good as long as they were together.

Back at the dorms they were met with cheers when the snacks and cans of beer appeared. The rest of the evening they talked about not going through with the original plan and just played some cards until they said their goodbyes.