9. Everything's wrong

The sun was shining and the temperature was nice, a very good day for a well deserved picnic.

"It's almost like yesterday never happened." Jisung sighed happily and stuffed his face with another croissant. When jisung turned to Sam he was surpised to see the boy's face all stiffened. "Sam, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing." Sam shook his head to shake off the face he was making, but he still looked rather concerned about something.

"Did I say something I shouldn't have?" Jisung asked his friend concerned. Lately he had been really on edge about everything and his anxiety levels were definitely high because of the whole Minho situation.

"No, no! That's not it, just... don't look behind you please." Sam said. But of course, what do you do when someone says don't look? You look! Because curiosity always wins. Jisung immediately turned his head around to see what was going on. In that moment Jisung learned the meaning of the saying, curiosity killed the cat.

Minho was peacefully sitting a little further away in the grass, reading a book. He was faced the other way, so he must not have seen the two boys on their picnic date yet.

"It's okay, I'm okay." Jisung tried to convince himself

"Are you sure? You don't look so okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just going to lay down for a bit." Jisung slowly lowered his back until his head touched the ground.

Green leaves on the tree, white clouds in the sky, the blue sky, a bird passing by, the brown trunk of the tree.
The grass underneat my head, the sand underneath my fingertops-

"Are you sure you're okay, you're mumbling five things you can see, four things you can touch, three things you can hear, two things you can smell and one thing you can taste to yourself."

"Shut up, it's supposed to relieve anxiety." The blanket Sam brought for us to sit on, the basket we brought our food in.
The birds chirping, college kids talking to eachother-

"Jisung?"

"Shut up, I'm not done yet." Cars leaving campus.
The fresh bread Sam and I bought, the deodorant I'm wearing.
The jam that I put on my croissant earlier.

"Okay I'm done now." Jisung sat up again

"Feel better?" Sam asked, still concerned for his friend.

"Actually yes, it usually helps if I just get to finish the whole thing." And it was true, naming those things helped Jisung to clear his mind.
Jisung looked back, but unfortunately Minho was still sitting there. Only now Minho was sitting in a different position, he was facing towards them. And not only that, he had put down his book and was staring directly at Jisung.

"Shit Sam, let's just get out of here, I don't want to be here anymore." Jisung whispered and started to put everything back in the basket they brought.

Just as they were walking away a hand grabbed Jisung's wrist. Jisung immediately spun around and yanked his wrist back. However, it was no use, the hand was still holding on to him.

"Jisung, let's talk for real now. Sam could leave us alone?" Minho sounded more polite this time, but still frustrated. And even though Jisung doubted Minho would make a scene out in the open, he still really wanted Sam to stay.

"You don't have to apologise because Lewis scolded you. Let go of me!" Jisung pulled his arm back again and this time Minho let go. Sam quickly stepped in between the two boys and pushed Jisung back a little bit, "you have done enough." Sam grabbed Jisung's hand and walked away from Minho.

"What a dickhead! How dare he be angry because you're following him everywhere, but then he approaches you first." Sam seemed more fired up than Jisung. Jisung remained quiet, he was silently being disgusted by himself too. Not because he was gay, not because he had kissed Sam, but because when he looked straight into Minho's eyes he felt the butterflies again. He looks pretty when he doesn't look like he wants to murder me. God, Jisung hated himself for still thinking this way.

"I'm going to talk to Lewis about it for a bit, he shouldn't keep sending Minho my way, even if it's with good intentions." Jisung said. Sam agreed, "I'll put the picnic stuff away and wait for you in my dorm." Then they parted ways.

Jisung entered his dorm, not very happy to be there, it only reminded him of yesterday.

"Hey Lewis, can we talk for a bit?" Jisung asked, seeing Lewis was about to head out.

"Of course! Please make it short though, I'm about to meet up with Chris and go to the gym." Lewis responded, already picking up his bag.

"I appreciate that you stood up for me, really. But please stop sending Minho my way, he just came to me again and I feel that it might've had something to do with what you said to him. While I appreciate it, I really don't want to talk to him again." Jisung sighed. He really did appreciate Lewis sticking up for him, even though they weren't close. But if he saw Minho's face one more time, maybe he would actually want to consider forgiving him.

"I didn't directly tell him to try to apologise again, but I guess I scolded him so good he wanted to do it anyway. Good that you're letting me know, I'll tell him to leave you alone." Lewis was such a great guy, Jisung decided he would really trust him from now on.

"Thank you, have fun at the gym." Jisung said before he plopped down on the couch.

"I'll see you later!" And Lewis headed out.

After Lewis had left, Jisung realised how nice some quiet alone time was. He didn't want to keep Sam waiting but maybe just five or ten minutes to himself would be good.

Jisung had actually no idea how long exactly it had been before the door swung open, but it couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes.

"Jisung." Minho again, he quickly closed the door behind him. Could this man leave him alone for one goddamn day?

"Lewis is at the gym." Jisung said, looking at the wall instead of Minho.

"I'm not here for Lewis."

"Then go!" Jisung stood up, directly facing Minho now.

"I don't think I should."

"Oh my god, JUST LEAVE!" Jisung was about to get fired up and yell at him for following him, but he got stopped by the other.

"Jisung." Minho opened his mouth to say more, but he got interrupted by the intercom echoeing through the building.

"Dear students, an armed individual has entered campus. We ask of you to stay calm and safe until this person is detained. Please stay in enclosed spaces and don't roam around campus until we give green light, thank you for understanding. The police will be here soon."

Both Minho and Jisung froze in their tracks. Jisung just got himself locked into a room with Minho and Minho only. Why did Lewis have to leave to the gym? Why did Sam have to wait for him at his dorm? Why did I not leave earlier?

"Well," Minho started, both boys were visibly uncomfortable, "you will have to talk to me now, whether you like it or not."

Minho walked to the door and locked it from the inside, "just to be safe."