22. The aftermath

Jisung didn't remember walking back home, but when he woke up he found himself in his own bed. Had the best date of his life just been a dream? No it couldn't have been, it felt very real. It had to be.

"Good morning sleepy head." Lewis grinned at the sight of half-awake Jisung walking into their shared living space.

"When did I get home? I don't remember walking back to my dorm." Jisung scratched his head.

"That's because you didn't walk. You were carried." Lewis's smirk got even bigger. "Did you have fun? Sleeping with Minho?"

Jisung remembered the nice walk underneath the stars and how they gazed at them together. He thought he must have fallen sleep while they were looking at the stars, wrapped up in Minho's arms.

"Minho brought me back home?" Jisung's cheeks flushed pink thinking about yesterday's events.

"Yup, he carried you here bridal style."

Jisung thought it was sweet of Minho to bring him home. He could've just taken him back to Minho's dorm and put him in his bed. But instead Minho had carried Jisung all the way back to his own bed.

"Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I didn't sleep with him." Jisung started. "Like, I didn't sleep with him in the way of sleeping with someone. I quite literally just slept with him because I literally fell alseep."

Lewis laughed at Jisung overexplaining himself. "I know, I know. Don't worry."

After Jisung stopped sulking he remembered to text Minho.

Thank you for the amazing day together, and thank you for carrying me back to the dorms

Jisung wasn't sure if he should add a heart to the message. They were dating after all, but Jisung still wasn't sure if he could call Minho his boyfriend.
That really would have completed their perfect date, if Minho had asked Jisung to be his boyfriend.

On a different note, Sam and Minho seemed to get along fine these days. You could even say they were becoming friends. Minho was also never jealous of Sam again, he knew the other boy and Jisung were just friends and that they needed eachother.
However, with other male attention Minho didn't know how to act yet. He wasn't used to people being interested in Jisung, but since a lot of people had seen the two boys hang out Jisung gained a lot of attention and popularity. This was mostly because Minho was pretty popular and because Jisung was usually at his side these days, people had started paying attention to Jisung too.

Minho was especially jealous of Jisung getting more male attention because Minho couldn't even show everyone that Jisung was his. When they were in public they had to avoid holding hands or even touching eachother. Both boys yearned for more physical touch, but they were too afraid to get caught by Minho's dad. Especially Jisung. Jisung didn't want anything bad to ever happen to Minho, and if this was the way they had to do it, so it be. Minho didn't want to care, so what if he gets beat up? He will heal again anyway.
This is why the 'no physical contact in public' rule was especially straining to Jisung. Minho said he didn't care about being beat up and would occasionally handle accordingly. Then Jisung had to be the strict one and pull away even though he really didn't want to.

This got the attention of other people who were interested in Minho. Who is Jisung to keep rejecting such handsome and popular guy like Minho? And why did Minho even gain interest in Jisung when Jisung looked like he didn't want to be with Minho? Both boys were sure that other people thought like this, but neither of them ever mentioned it.
It didn't matter anyway, because Jisung and Minho knew what they had was real. And when they were alone, they would be the most lovey-dovey couple you could imagine.

"I know it's already been some time, but I never heard you talk about your date with Innie? How did it go?" Jisung asked when Sam and him were catching up again.

"Turns out I was right and it wasn't a date." Sam seemed bummed out by thinking about the meet up with Innie. "It was nice, we talked and did homework, but it wasn't a date."

"What wasn't a date?" Minho asked upon entering Jisung's dorm. Minho came over unannounced regularly, Jisung loved it when he did. Sam didn't mind it most of the time. The annoying part was that Minho popped up unannounced everywhere where Jisung was. This also meant Sam's dorm sometimes, Sam did mind that.

"I thought I very maybe had a date with Innie and it's all Jisung's fault." Sam whined.

"How is it my fault?"

"Because I didn't see it as a date until you kept telling me it was a date and now I'm disappointed that it wasn't!"

Minho set down his backpack on the table, "I think it was a date." He said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean 'you think it was a date' you weren't even there!" Sam protested.

"I wasn't," Minho grinned, "but Innie was. You do know we're friends right?"

Sam's mouth fell wide open, "did he say anything about me?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." Minho teased.

"Oh, Minho! Please tell us!" Even Jisung was invested now.

"All I can say is," Minho turned to Sam, "why haven't you texted him yet? Innie is not going to text first, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been waiting."

"You have to text him right now! How long has it been since your date? Have you seriously not texted him since?" Jisung was in disbelief.

"It may have been a week and a half.. but in my defense, I just for once wanted the other person say something first! And also I didn't think it was a date!"

Minho shook his head, "poor dumb Innie should've asked me for dating advice."

Jisung and Sam both looked at Minho praising himself and shook their heads.

"What?" Minho said innocently. "Was my first, real date with Jisung not good then?"

"Oh it was amazing! But just don't overrate yourself too much." Jisung walked over and shyly planted a kiss on Minho's cheek.

"Gross." Sam said like a kid seeing their parents kiss.

"You're just jealous Innie isn't doing this to you right now." Jisung teased Sam.

Sometimes the two of them really were like little kids. They liked to tease eachother in childish ways, but never in truly hurtful ways.

"Anyway," Sam rolled his eyes, "are you two really official now? Like, boyfriends?"

Jisung wanted to smack the back of Sam's head for asking that question. Jisung didn't know the answer and he was too nervous to hear it from Minho.

What if Minho says no? What if he doesn't think we're close enough to be boyfriends yet? Or even worse, what if he doesn't want to be boyfriends at all? Does he still think of me like I'm someone to play with?

What Jisung didn't know was that Minho was thinking in similar ways, not knowing if Jisung would be okay with being his boyfriend.

"Only if that is also what Jisung wants." Minho finally said to Sam, then he turned to Jisung. "But I would love it."

Jisung was a little embarrassed by Sam witnessing this moment, now Jisung had to say out loud in front of someone else that he wanted Minho as his boyfriend. Which isn't that bad, but it sure made Jisung nervous.

Jisung didn't know what exactly the problem was. He had admitted before to Sam that he would like to have Minho as his boyfriend. He also had told Minho many times before how much he liked him. It just felt awkward saying these things out loud when they technically weren't in private.

"Oh my god, Jisung. Are you stupid? Answer him!" Sam exclaimed before Jisung pulled himself together again.

"Sorry, sorry, I was very lost in thought." Jisung blushed. "I would love to be your boyfriend and I would love to call you mine."

Minho pulled Jisung closer, brushed a strand of hair out of Jisung's face and softly kissed him.

"Guys, I'm literally still here." Sam said while he pulled a fake-disgusted face. He was actually really happy for them.