Chapter Two

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

"Aurora?"

The knocking on my door snapped me out of my thoughts. I put the lid back on my lipstick and walked over to the door.

"Hey." I threw my arms around Willow's neck and pulled her inside.

Willow pushed me off her but left her hands on my shoulders. She scanned every part of my face before finally saying, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Willow. Sit, I'll explain everything."

She took a seat at the edge of my bed and placed her red leather clutch behind her.

"Alright well, you know how we were meant to go out the other night? With Ava?"

She hummed back in response.

I turned around and faced the floor length mirror that was placed in front of my bed. I popped open the red lipstick in my hand and start applying it on my lips again.

"Well, remember when she declined the offer and told us she had a shift that night? Well, she didn't go to that said shift. She went to my apartment and fucked my boyfriend."

I looked at her through the mirror. She looked super confused.

"You walked in on them? And they didn't see you?"

"Yep. I walked up to the apartment door and heard some of the weirdest noises coming from it. Josh said he would be home watching movies while I went out, so I assumed he was watching some weird horror movie. But then I pressed my ear up against the door and heard Ava screaming Josh's name. And moans. Just sex sounds."

I took a deep breath and stuffed the red lipstick I had in my hand into my black clutch.

"I opened the door and walked in on them. I didn't bother screaming at either of them, I just left. I waited in the lobby for a few minutes, and when I saw Ava leave, I went back upstairs and found Josh on the sofa watching a movie. I didn't confront him then; I waited two days and planned a dinner for him then. When he asked me why I was acting so weird, I blew up and kicked him out."

Willow blew out a breath, "As you fucking should. What a piece of shit."

I hummed back in response.

"Are you okay?"

I grabbed her hands and pulled her up. I dragged her over to the mirror and stood in front of it with her.

"I'm more than okay. Sure, it's a change, but it's a good one."

I wasn't okay. I was trying my best to put on this face. I fucking hate people pitying me.

"Aura, please. I know you aren't okay; we can stay in and stuff our faces with-"

I laughed and hugged her once again.

Willow has been my best friend since 2nd grade. We were inseparable from the second we met, to the point we had sleepovers almost every weekend. We went to high school together and graduated together. We've been together for as long as I can remember.

Then Ava came along. To be completely honest, I'm glad she's gone; she was annoying as fuck.

"I love you so much Willow, but you know I would rather go to the club tonight and find some other fine ass man to ruin my insides."

She laughed and I joined in too.

After I caught my breath and stopped laughing, I said, "Alright then, ready to go?"

I fixed the tight black dress, pulling it up a bit more so it was just covering my ass. Then I fluffed up my brown hair and grabbed the powder sitting on the dresser next to the mirror. I smothered my brown skin with the powder before shoving it into my clutch.