Chapter Fourteen

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

"Ready?"

"Of course I am."

It was a Friday night at the club today. It was going to be crazy tonight, and Aurora and I had decided to spend our night outside the office for the first time in a few weeks.

I also had finished all the paper work, so we decided to celebrate.

Aurora touched up her lipstick in the mirror. I fought to keep my eyes on her face at all times. She was in a tight red dress that brought out her cold blue eyes.

And it showed her ass.

I shook my head. I fixed my suit in the mirror before stepping back and checking the time. It was just after 10pm, and the club was already coming alive. Music blasted in every corner of the club, the lights flashed and the drinks were endless.

"Alright, let's go."

Aurora spun around to face me. She looked up at me and gave me a devilish smile, in which I returned with a smirk.

"Willow coming?"

"Mhm, she said she's waiting outside for me. I'm letting her and Rowan skip the line," she answered back, swiftly opening the bathroom door and elegantly walking over to my desk. She picked up her phone and started texting someone, I'm pretty sure it was Willow.

"Come on, I'll meet you at the front."

"Okay," she said. She placed her phone down on the table and picked up her purse. She dug out her perfume and sprayed a bit onto herself.

I pulled open the door and walked out into absolute mayhem. Bright, vibrant lights flashed back and forth, the loud music deafened me, and I could hear the whoops and the screams coming from people dancing on the dance floor.

I shook my hand and shoved my way through the crowd of people blocking the entrance.

The entrance was a narrow dark hallway, so I had to weave through couples with their tongues down each other's throats before I finally reached the entry.

I swung open the door and greeted my bouncer who was arguing with some guy.

"Hey Reggie, what's going on?"

He huffed, "Look at this, and then look at him."

I looked at the card he was holding, it was an I.D. The picture on it was of a man who looked to be in his early 20s, short buzzed brown hair and pale skin with freckles. I looked up at the guy who had long black hair, tan skin and not a single freckle in sight.

He looked to be about 15.

"Get outta here. These goddamn kids are going to be the death of me.," I yelled.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?"

"I'm the manager of this place. Now unless you want me to get the authorities involved, get lost."

His eyes widened. He retreated and booked it down the street. I laughed and turned to find Willow and Rowan standing behind me, laughing along with me.

"We had been watching that encounter for the past fifteen minutes," Willow said in between her laughs.

Rowan could barely get a word in.

"God, are you two drunk?"

"Drunk? Why would you think we're already drunk? We just got here!"

Rowan's words were slurred and incoherent. I shook my head as I opened the front doors for them and shoved them both inside, pushing them through the narrow hallway and toward my office.