Chapter Twenty Four

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

"Your hair is a mess."

I chuckled. "It wouldn't have been a mess if you hadn't been pulling on it so hard."

She still looked flushed. She looked sexy.

Aurora only giggled and stood on her toes to arrange my hair as I patted it down with my palm. I lowered my head and bowed my knees to allow her to smooth it down.

She ran her fingers through my hair before ruffling it.

"All done," she said as she stepped away and put her hands on her hips.

I turned and looked in the mirror. My hair was still tousled, but in the way I usually wore it every day.

"Thanks, love."

We heard Flynn's cries coming from downstairs. I laced my fingers with Aurora's as we rushed downstairs. Flora was pacing the living room with Flynn on her shoulder while Derek was standing behind the counter preparing a bottle for him.

"Anything we can do?"

Flora looked up and shook her head. I knew she was exhausted, so I walked over and gently took Flynn away from her. I put him on my shoulder and patted his back. After a while, he was quiet.

I could feel Aurora's presence behind me. I could hear her talking to Flynn, and soon I heard little giggles. I smiled to myself.

"How are you two so good with kids?"

I shrugged and took the bottle from Derek's hand as he walked over to hand it to me. I twisted to face Aurora; she was still baby talking to Flynn as she took him from me.

She sat down on one of the couches and cradled Flynn in her arms. He giggled when she tapped his nose.

I took a seat next to her after handing her the bottle. I snuggled her into my side with my arm across her shoulders. He began to swallow the milk when she gently placed it to his mouth.

Aurora looked up at her cousin. "You two go and get some rest. You look exhausted."

"But what about lunch? We already booked—"

"No, it's fine. We have the entire week. We can go whenever we want. Besides, the bridal shower is soon, and Natalia is going to be pissed if you fall asleep during the event."

She yawned and nodded. "You guys can take Flynn out if you'd like. The keys to our rental are on the counter, his stroller and diaper bag are next to the door."

"Okay, will do. Get some rest, Flora."

Derek steered her away from the living room and toward the stairs. He looked over his shoulder and mouthed, 'Thank you.'

Aurora smiled and returned her gaze to Flynn. I leant in closer to kiss her on the temple. She sighed as she leant into my touch.

"Once he's finished, do you want to go out?"

"With you? Hell yeah," I muttered against the side of her head.

"Alright," she whispered as she brushed a piece of hair away from Flynn's forehead.

++++

Aurora gently buckled Flynn in. She was talking to him again and he giggled or smiled every now and then.

I locked the car and made sure we had everything with us. I slung the diaper bag over my shoulder before walking toward Aurora and Flynn.

She looked up at me and gave me a toothy grin.