Chapter Forty Two

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

Six months later...

"Sweetheart?" My sweet angel whispered to me.

My eyes slowly opened, the morning sunlight shining through the curtains blinding me.

I groaned, rolling onto my back, and reaching up to rub my eyes.

I felt Aurora's soft lips on my chest. Her mouth slowly moving closer to mine.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around her, and tucking her to my side.

"Morning, my love. Sleep well?" I muttered, kissing her temple.

She hummed back in response.

We sat there, soaking up each other's warmth for a while before I broke the comfortable silence and said, "Mom's coming over today. I've got to run down to the store to grab a couple things for dinner, do you want to come with me?"

Ever since she moved in with me a few months back, we've done everything and anything together. 

I felt her nod against my shoulder. I glanced down at her, and was met with her beautiful, soft smile.

"My god." I mumbled, kissing her forehead again.

"What?" She asked, grinning.

"My god, you are so fucking beautiful."

Her smile widened. Brightened, in fact. She twisted and leaned forward to connect her lips with mine.

My hand found the side of her head. I tilted her head back, deepening the kiss.

She pulled back, her hands reaching up and brushing strands of hair away from my forehead.

"My sweet, sweet angel." I whispered again.

A light ink appeared on her cheeks. "I love you."

"I love you, baby."  

I leaned down to kiss her again, but was interrupted when we heard a loud knock on the bedroom door.

What the fuck?

I started to get up and out of the bed to see who the fuck was in my apartment at ten o'clock in the fucking morning, when I heard giggles.

I heard my mother's voice outside of the room as well.

I glanced back at Aurora to find her scrambling to get up and put some proper clothes on.

I arched an eyebrow at her, then looked down at myself and realised I was naked as well.

Maybe sleeping naked wasn't a good thing after all.

"Shit!" I whisper-yelled before running into the closet to grab a pair of sweatpants and a shirt.

"Where are my two lovebirds?!" I heard my mother shout. Her footsteps got louder as she got closer to our bedroom.

I ran back into the bedroom to see Aurora vigorously brushing her teeth in the bathroom.

"Coming Mom!" I yelled back.

I heard Aurora giggle from inside the bathroom. "You sound like a teenager. It's cute."

I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

I buried my face in her neck, trailing kisses up to her jawline. My fingers starts tickling her sides as well.

She laughed again. A beautiful, angelic sound that I absolutely loved hearing.