Chapter Twenty Three

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

"You know you don't have too, right?"

He shrugged as he got a pan out from under the sink. "I like cooking for you anyways."

"Okay, if you're sure. Do you need any help?"

He shook his head. "No, but I want you to sit on the island and watch me."

"I like watching you." I said as I moved around the island and toward one of the stools.

"That's kinda creepy, Rory."

I laughed, trying my best to keep quiet as it was eight in the morning.

I had asked Enzo if he was alright when we had woken up, he just lifted his shoulders and shook his head. He had said that cooking made him feel better, so he offered to cook breakfast for me.

"So, what are you making for me?"

"It's a surprise, love."

I groaned. I reached up and dragged a hand all over my face.

He laughed and shook his head while turning the stove on. He turned to grab more utensils while I watched him move around.

He walked over to the fridge and started getting ingredients out. I put my head on my arms and grinned.

"I'm sorry about our date."

He shook his head slightly.

"Aurora, seriously. It's okay."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "I still feel bad."

He turned the stove on and put the pan on it. He turned to face me as he threw a towel onto his shoulder. He pulled his sleeves up and braced both hands on the counter in front of him and tilted his head. I saw all the veins sticking out in his hands and arms.

I reached out to touch one of his rings. It was a simple silver one, but when my fingertip brushed the top, I felt a rough surface. I picked up his hand and pulled it closer to examine his ring.

"What does it say?" I asked as I looked closer at the engraving on his ring.

"My mother's name."

I smiled at the ring, then up at him. He smiled back at me, but this time I saw dimples. I dropped his hand and gasped.

"You have dimples!"

I jumped off the stool and ran back around the counter. Enzo had turned to me in the few seconds it took me to make it back to him. His smile was still there, only it was much bigger and brighter than before.

I cupped his face, letting my thumbs brush against his dimples. I laughed softly when he scrunched up his nose.

"They're adorable!" I squealed.

Then, I realised our lips were inches apart from each other's. Both our smiles vanished, but my thumbs didn't stop caressing his face. His arms slowly encircled my waist and he moved closer, dipping me gently in the process.

My breath caught in my throat when I felt his lips graze mine. It was a whisper of a touch, but my entire body heated at the feeling of Enzo's lips brushing against mine.

I parted my lips slightly.

"Aurora! Flynn wants morning kisses!"

Flora had cut our little meeting short, but neither of us pulled away. In fact, Enzo had now shut his eyes. He pressed his forehead against mine, pushing me further down in the process.