Epilogue 4

Aurora ♡︎

"Are you feeling any better this morning, my love?" Enzo asked as he cooked breakfast in the kitchen.

I slumped into one of the barstools, folded my arms on the table and let my head rest on top of them.

He chuckled, "I'll take that as a no then."

"Don't laugh at me you asshole," I mumbled angrily, "Everything hurts."

I closed my eyes and silently begging for the pounding in my head to disappear.

"Eat something first, then we can lay in bed, and I'll massage every muscle in your body, okay?"

I lifted my head up when I smelt fresh eggs and bacon, Enzo's specialty for when we were both lazy. I rested my chin on my hand and smiled up at his handsome face.

His hair was messy, and he had the most beautiful smile on his face. I just wanted to launch myself over the counter and kiss him everywhere.

"Eat. Daydream later."

I rolled my eyes and dug into the food he had made.

"Wait, don't you have work today?" I asked while shovelling the food into my mouth. Jeez, I was an animal.

"If your sick, I'm staying home."

I placed my fork down, "Enzo, you can go. Trust me, I'll be fine. I'm probably just being dramati—"

"Aurora, you're my love. I'll do anything to make you feel safe and well. And if that means taking a few days off to look after you, then so be it."

I almost started crying right then and there.

"Okay, thank you sweetheart." I whispered before returning to my food.

++++

After Enzo had massaged every part of my body and I was basically drenched in lavender oil, I had fallen asleep on his chest.

When I woke up, Enzo was already watching me, sleepily smiling down at me, and playing with my hair.

I kissed his naked chest, then leaned forward slightly to kiss his lips.

When he pulled away, he stared down at me with concern in his eyes. "Are you feeling any better? Do you think we should go to the doctor?"

I took a deep breath and rolled off him and onto my side of the bed.

"I think the nap helped, but I still feel awful."

He went silent for a second, so I rolled over to face him and found him staring down at me with a serious look on his face.

"When's the last time you had your period?"

Oh, fuck me.

I sat upright, the bed sheets sliding off my partially naked body. I reached over and grabbed my phone off the nightstand to check my period tracker app.

I cursed under my breath.

"What? What happened, love?"

I glanced up at him, not knowing what emotions were surging through me right now. "I've missed my period. I was meant to get it three days ago."

He moved closer to me and wrapped an arm around me. I leaned into his touch, switching off my phone and tossing it onto the bed.

"It's okay. Let's not jump to any conclusions, yeah?" He kissed the top of my head. "I'll run down to the store to grab a few supplies and a few tests, then we can decide what we need to do next."