Chapter Sixteen

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

"Just stay calm, okay? Do it for your family."

He shook out his hands and nodded his head.

I chuckled slightly before grabbing his hand and starting to walk toward the front door of his mother's apartment.

He knocked and we waited for his mother's cheery greeting.

The door swung open, and his mother was there. She pulled us both in for a tight hug, squeezing the life out of both of us which made us giggle.

The twins ran over and hugged my legs as Alex released us. I ruffled their hair and stood up straighter when I heard a deep voice call out for Enzo.

I looked up to find a man who resembled Enzo staring at us. He had the same hair as Enzo, only it was a shade lighter due to the flecks of greys here and there. He had different eyes, green eyes. But the entire family had exceptionally strong jaw-lines.

"Evening, son."

Enzo's glared at his father. I looked up at him, a vein was bulging in his neck. I quickly reached out and rubbed his arm gently before lacing his fingers with mine.

"Enzo," I whispered.

I turned my head to face his father. I smiled and said, "Hello Mr Rossi, it's wonderful to meet you."

"And you are?"

"Oh, uh..."

"She is my girlfriend."

Those four words coming out of Enzo's mouth made me all fuzzy and warm. A small smile crept onto my lips as I nodded.

"It's nice to meet you..." He raised an eyebrow.

"Aurora. Aurora Rae, sir."

"Please, call me Diego."

"Of course."

I looked up at Enzo again, only to find him looking down at me. His gaze softened as our eyes locked. I offered him a small grin.

"Well, shall we eat then?" His father suggested, snatching me away from the trance Enzo had me under.

"Of course, come along boys!" I said as I grabbed their tiny hands and dragged them into the dining room.

Enzo trailed behind me. I had the boys seated before I took my own seat next to Enzo.

I scooped some food into two plates for the boys, and then helped myself to the food.

"So, how's everything been over here?" Diego asked whilst cutting into his food.

"Peachy." Enzo responded with. A little coldly. But I wouldn't blame him, he seemed to be extremely pissed off or on edge.

Or maybe both.

"Wonderful."

Everyone ate in silence for a while. The scraping and clinking of cutlery filled the room for quite a while.

But then, Diego asked me a question.

"So, Aurora. What do you do for a living?"

I swallowed the food in my mouth. And the lump in my throat.

"I work with Enzo. I'm his assistant."

"Is that how you two met? How long have you been dating?"

"Yes, that's how we met. He noticed I was struggling and offered me a job. We spent a lot of time together, so we eventually confessed to each other and made it official. We've been dating for around three months now."