Chapter Nineteen

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

I think I had fallen asleep a couple hours into the flight.

I woke up and let my eyes slowly adjust to the fluorescent light. I sat up straighter and combed my hair with my fingers.

I looked over the barrier to find Enzo typing away on his laptop. He had headphones in, and glasses on. He looked handsome while barely doing anything.

I pulled my seat up straighter and began rubbing my eyes. I think Enzo realised I had woken up because in the corner of my eye, I could see him looking over at me and smiling softly.

I bent down and grabbed my phone from the little compartment. I turned it on and went through all my notifications, only replying to Willow in the end. Turns out, her and Rowan hooked up. They had known each other for a couple months now, and Rowan had decided to confess his love to her. Although, they did quickly drive home before doing anything.

I'm not sure Enzo knew. I'll tell him later; Rowan most likely did not want a call from Enzo right now.

"Hey." I whispered. I peeked over the barrier to see what he was doing.

He was replying to emails. You'd think that this man decided to relax on a holiday, but I think he was very agitated as his father was about to start running his business for a couple weeks.

"Hey. Did you sleep well?" He whispered back.

I nodded. "Did you get any sleep?"

"No. I'm not really tired. Are you hungry?"

"A bit, got anything?"

He shut his laptop and took his glasses off. He placed them into a glasses case and put the case on top of the laptop before reaching down and rummaging through his backpack.

"I didn't know you wore glasses." I grinned at the image of him in glasses again.

"Thank my mother and her shitty eyesight." He sat up again and handed me a packet of chocolate. I snatched it and tore it open, reaching inside and grabbing a piece.

"Want one?" I said in between my chews.

"Sure."

I happily handed him two pieces of chocolate. I relaxed into my chair and stared at the screen in front of me.

"So, where are we going after we land?" Enzo asked. He leaned over the barrier and tilted his head, so he was leaning against his arms.

"Well, when I told my parents we were going to book a hotel, they told me no. They insisted we stayed in the guest bedroom."

"That's fine with me."

"If I get sick of their shit, then we will probably have to leave before I say some shit that I shouldn't say."

"I mean, I wouldn't be totally pissed off if you went off at your parents. Honestly, I would either join you or cheer you on."

I shook my head while trying to stifle my laughter. He didn't care and laughed quietly along with me.

"Are we taking a cab or is someone picking us up?"

"My dad insisted, but I told him I had already gotten a cab. I didn't want to sit through that awkward car ride, I'll deal with them when we actually get to the house."

He nodded.

"So, you have a good relationship with your grandparents, correct?"

"Mhm. They usually help me out during fights. When I was teenager, whenever my sister or mom or dad decided to pull shit, I immediately packed up and left. I went straight to my grandparents and stayed there for a couple days."