Chapter Twenty One

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

My eyes slowly opened. I felt a weight on my chest, and when I looked down, I saw Enzo on top of me. His arms were around my waist and his head was buried in my neck.

"Enzo?" I whispered.

He stirred, groaned, and tightened his hold around me. I pulled my arms out from under him and ruffled his hair.

"Enzo, we have to get up." I whispered again, a little more firmly.

He mumbled something incoherent. I giggled at his idiocy, then wiggled under him. He kissed my neck, which stopped me in my tracks.

"Do we have to get up?"

I looked at the digital clock sitting on top of the dresser. It was almost midday, so we probably should get up and get ready. I'm pretty sure my cousins were arriving soon as well, and I hadn't seen them in years, so I was really fucking excited. Especially because they have a baby now as well, I'm dying to meet him.

"Yes, Enzo. I'm 90% sure that my cousins are going to be here soon."

"Well, you're not 100% sure so I'm going to go back to sleep."

"Enzo—"

"Shut up. I like sleeping with you."

"You can sleep with me again tonight, for now we have shit to do."

He looked up and me, blinked and raised an eyebrow. I made a disgusted noise and tried to shove him off me.

"I need to pee." I whined.

"Fine. Go, but we're going to bed early tonight, I want to savour the feeling of you in my arms."

He rolled off me and I quickly scooted off the bed.

"You know, sometimes I think you aren't faking this relationship anymore."

He gave me a sleepy grin. "To be completely honest, sometimes I think that as well."

I stuck my tongue out at him and walked into the bathroom.

I opened the curtains, went to the toilet, washed my hands and face. I then brushed my teeth, rinsed my mouth, and wiped my face. I tiptoed back into our bedroom to find Enzo scrolling through his phone.

"Enzo, go freshen up so we can go downstairs."

He stood up and let out a soft groan. Warmth filled my lower belly.

He stalked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He tugged me to him and bent down whilst smiling.

"I'll go, if you give me a kiss."

"What?"

"I'll go freshen up, if you give me a kiss."

"On the lips?"

"Anywhere, I don't care."

I put my palms flat on his chest and looked up at him. He was a fool, but at this point, I think I was as well.

We were fools for each other at this point. But I was still denying my attraction toward him.

I stood on my toes and gently pressed my lips to his nose. His scrunched it up in response, and when I pulled back his smile grew wider.

"Done. Now go!" I said while nervously laughing.

He kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger for longer than they should have. I relished the feeling of his lips on my forehead, and when they left, I felt a weird absence.