A Christmas special 🎄

Aurora ♡︎

The faint beat of 'Rockin' around the Christmas Tree' began playing in the background as Enzo and I finished wrapping up the last few gifts laying on the living room floor.

"Nico's eyes are going to bulge out of his head when he sees we got him this game."

I smiled as I taped the last corner of wrapping paper down and picked up a bow from the pile in the middle of us.

A sigh escaped my mouth, "I just hope mom likes the earrings we got for her."

After Enzo and I had officially gotten married, Alex insisted I called her mom, and so I did.

"She would love anything you gave her, Rory." He chuckled down at the floor for a second, "One time I gave her a card for Christmas, and she cried her eyes out for a solid ten minutes."

"She's too precious."

Alex had offered to look after Aria and Noah for tonight while we finished wrapping everything up. We also needed a night away from the kids for some one-on-one time with one another.

Life had been pretty peaceful lately. Noah had just turned two while Aria just started school and has been absolutely loving it.

Our fridge is full of her artworks she brings home as well.

And as for Enzo... I'm constantly on cloud nine whenever I'm with him. He's still the beautiful soul I fell in love with all those years ago.

I glanced up at him to find him already smiling down at me. His eyes twinkled in the light, and his smile only grew bigger when my eyes connected with his.

"What?" I asked, a grin forming on my traitorous lips.

He shook his head lightly, "You're beautiful."

I loved how he could still make my heart swell and my cheeks burn years later.

My smile only grew as I covered my face with my hands and turned away from him to hide the blush forming on my cheeks.

"Oh, baby don't get all embarrassed," He grabbed me by the shoulder and pushed me onto my back, causing me to giggle in excitement and open my eyes.

He loomed over me, his arms caging me in. His bright eyes roamed over my face, before he leaned down and connected our lips in a sweet kiss.

"You'll always be my beautiful girl," he muttered against my lips.

When he pulled back, he jumped up and helped me up to me feet as well.

"Let's go ice skating."

I smiled, "Okay, but only if we can get some hot chocolate first."

"Deal."

++++

The drive into the main part of the city took a while because of the holiday traffic, but we got there eventually.

Now we were relaxing on a bench with hot cocoa in our hands staring at the lit-up Rockefeller tree.

Enzo and I were wrapped up in each other arms, catching each other up on everything that been happening around us.

"Noah keeps calling me mommy," Enzo said with a huff, "He's a little menace."

I laughed, "He's my little angel."

Enzo mimicked me playfully. I huffed and hit his shoulder.

"So, what else is new, baby?" I asked, resting my head on my shoulder, and placing my cup beside me.