Chapter Thirteen

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

The week flew by fast. Willow and I had been out shopping the entire time. My mother had sent me a list of things I was expected to bring. Since I was one of the bridesmaids, they would give me a dress when I got to Paris. I had gotten specific make up, specific jewellery, even specific undergarments.

My family are perfectionists, so I'll just have to deal with it.

"Rory? Do you want to go grab a coffee?"

Enzo's offer snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and met his gaze.

"Have you eaten today?"

"Hm? Oh, I didn't get time too."

"Aurora, t's almost 12. You haven't eaten anything for the past 3 hours and have been staring at a screen for way too long. Get up, I'm buying you food."

He threw the papers he was holding and pushed his chair back.

"Alright fine, but I'm—"

He walked around the table and hauled me up onto my feet.

"Do you not understand what 'I'm buying you food' means? I'm paying, end of story."

He slammed the laptop shut and dragged me out of his office. I grabbed the door handle and swung the office door shut before letting Enzo drag me outside the club.

"Where we headed?"

"Starbucks."

We headed down the street in silence. New York's streets were bustling and busy at this hour, so I was constantly either swerving away from someone or being bumped into.

Enzo grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kept me close, directing me away from people when they didn't bother moving out of the way.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem."

We arrived at the Starbucks and stood in the line. I shoved my hands in my jacket pockets and shifted from one foot to the other.

"So, what'd you do all weeks?"

I blew out a breath. "Wedding shit, you?"

"Paperwork."

"And you're still doing paperwork?"

"Shut up and order."

I hadn't realised we were now at the front of the line. I quickly scooted forward and gave the person standing at the register my order, then moved out of the way and let Enzo order.

We both walked over to the waiting bay and stood there in silence. I didn't enjoy the awkward silence, so I opened my mouth and asked, "Do you have a suit?"

"For what? The wedding?"

I nodded my head and looked over at him. He crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head to the side.

"Yeah, I do."

"Damn it."

"What?"

"I wanted to buy you a new one."

"Rory, it's fine."

"Actually, it's not. You are flying out to fucking Paris for me for god's sakes! The least I can do is buy you a new suit or do something else."

"Rory—"

"No, you know what? I'm buying you a new suit, whether you like it or—"

I was cut off by the Barista calling out Enzo's name. Enzo shook his head and walked forward to grab our drinks.