Chapter Thirty

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

Natalia's wedding was today, so the house was practically a warzone.

The bride was in a separate room getting her hair and makeup done with my mother, while all the bridesmaids were sitting at the dining table chatting and getting their hair and makeup done by another stylist.

Luckily, Natalia had decided that she wanted some old friends of hers from high school to be her bridesmaids, and her best friend as her maid of honour.

So, I didn't have to be included in her wedding.

Thank. Fuck.

I felt a lot of angry looks on my back when Enzo and I stepped out this morning and started making breakfast together in the kitchen. So, I turned around to see six pairs of eyes staring at us.

"Is everything all right?" I asked, sighing loudly.

At this moment, I had grabbed Enzo's attention. He paused, flipping the heart-shaped pancakes and turned to face the group of ladies staring at us.

They quickly looked away when they realised I had sensed them glaring at me. A crease formed in between as I looked back down at the chopping board.

"You, okay?" I heard Enzo ask me.

"Yeah, just a bit weirded out I guess." I looked over at him and matched his smile as I started cutting up the strawberries again. I side eyed him for a few seconds, only to realise he was doing the same.

Enzo stepped forwards and put his arms around my hips. As I turned my head and grinned at him, he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I kissed his hair, then returned to slicing up the fruit.

"Don't let the pancakes burn like last time."

That made him laugh. His nose rubbed against my jaw when he left a tender kiss on my exposed skin, then returned to the stove and flipped another pancake.

"Don't worry, I won't."

I raised my eyebrows, "Hmm, I'm still pissed about the perfect pancake I had made."

"Yeah? How about I make it up to you?"

"With another perfect pancake, duh."

He let out an exasperated sound and looked away from me. I turned my entire body sideways so I could watch him pout and stare at the pancake.

"What?" I put my hands on my hips and tilted my head to the right.

"I thought you were going to say head."

I shrugged, "I mean, if you insist."

Enzo was about to say something snarky in reply, but was cut off by Natalia rushing out of the room she had just been. She had the biggest smile on her face, and was dressed in her silk robe.

Her hair was up in a beautiful low bun. Her makeup wasn't anything extravagant, but it was definitely something. Her friends stood up and gasped at her, they crowded around her and took her in.

Enzo and I looked at each other, rolled our eyes and finished making our breakfast. As we started cleaning up, Natalia looked over at us.

"You guys aren't getting ready yet?"

I didn't look away from the sink as I replied with, "No. We're going to eat, then get ready. We're leaving at eleven, right?"

It was seven in the morning, we had plenty of time.

I finished cleaning up the dishes as Enzo finished placing all the fruit on our pancakes. He handed me my plate and grinned at me. I looked down at the plate and saw that he had made a love heart pancake for me, and he had also used the strawberries I had sliced earlier to outline it.