Chapter Fifteen

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

"Alright, my mother is going to be a bit excited after finding out we're "dating," so just prepare yourself."

My mother had been blowing up my phone like crazy for the past few days. I'm guessing Nico and Matteo had already told her about the kiss and how we were practically glued to each other in the restaurant.

"It's going to be adorable Enzo! Calm down, I'll be fine."

She beamed, and it made my heart skip a beat.

"If your sure," I said as I took a deep breath and knocked on my mother's door.

It immediately flew open, and my mother grabbed Aurora, wrapped her arms around her and squeezed the life out of her. Aurora laughed and embraced my mother.

"I knew you two were hiding something!"

She pulled back and cupped Aurora's face, then proceeded to pepper kisses all over it. The corners of my lips tugged upward at the sight.

"Welcome to the family, la mia bella ragazza." (My beautiful girl.)

Aurora smiled once again. "It's good to see you, Alex! And yes, we have been hiding something for a while." She looked in my direction and gave me a wink.

My mother turned to me and threw herself on me. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and laughed into her hair.

"How could you keep such a thing from me!? Come inside! Tell me everything!"

She pulled back and grabbed both of our hands, dragging us inside.

"Where are the boys?" I asked, looking around the inside of the apartment.

"Somewhere upstairs. Boys! Come down! Aurora and Enzo are here!"

As soon as those words left my mother's mouth, we heard little footsteps from upstairs. There bickering could be heard from the top of the stairs. They trudged down the stairs arguing over something stupid.

"Aurora!" They yelled in unison. They ran over to her and hugged her legs. She patted their heads with her free hand.

"Hi boys! How are you guys?"

"I'm good! I got a gold star at school today!" Matteo said, showcasing his palm where a golden sticker was on it.

Aurora gasped. "Matteo! That's awesome! Good job, I'm so proud of you!"

She turned to Nico and asked, "What about you Nico? Anything special happen today?"

"I scored a goal in soccer today," he mumbled.

Aurora ruffled his hair. "That's amazing buddy! I'm so proud of you!"

They both giggled.

"Alright boys, want to come and help make dinner with us?"

They said yes and ran over to the kitchen. My mother followed them, and I grabbed Aurora hand and spun her around. I pulled her into my arms and let my hands wrap around her waist.

"You talking with my brother's is adorable."

She patted my chest and blushed, pulling back slightly.

"C'mon, let's go help them make dinner."

She turned to walk out of my arms, but I grabbed her hand and pulled her back to my side. My thumb stroked the back of her hand, she grinned and walked with me into the kitchen.

++++

"And that's how it all happened." Aurora finished the story as we sat down at the dining table for dinner.