Chapter Ten

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

I scooted closer to the desk, skimming through the pieces of paper in front of me. We were making progress with all the paperwork Enzo had decided to leave untouched these past few months.

Enzo huffed for the fifth time in the past twenty minutes.

"What's wrong now?" I asked without looking up.

I had decided to busy myself to get rid of the horrible thoughts going through my head right now. Enzo and I walked into the club at around nine this morning, even though neither of us got any sleep last night.

We were up all night. Eating, talking, watching shows. And I spent the entire night cuddling Benji, who I must say is a very huggable dog.

"I'm bored," He tossed another piece of paper in the 'Absolutely not,' pile We had made two piles, the 'Definitely check,' and the 'Absolutely not.'

I picked up a pen and signed another document, "You always are. Come on, finish the paperwork."

"I don't want too."

"Stop acting like a child and finish your paperwork Enzo."

"Let's skip work."

"Absolutely not."

"Please," I looked up to find him pouting at me. Fucking pouting.

"Finish the paperwork Enzo. We have a shit ton of work to do."

"Shit ton of work I don't want to do."

"Well, I do. It takes my mind off things."

He went quiet after that. Then, slowly stood up, walked around the desk, and took the piece of paper I was furiously writing on out of my hand.

"You've ripped the paper from how hard you've been writing Rory."

I gripped the pen tighter. I looked down at my shoes in shame.

Enzo plucked the pen out of my hand. I looked up only to find him starting to slowly crouch in front of me. He reached out and placed the pen and paper on the desk before grabbing both my hands and putting them on my thighs.

"Relax, everything will be okay."

I let my shoulders sag. I slumped forward.

"You're putting too much pressure on yourself Rory, please relax for me."

"That's all I've ever known Enzo; I've always pressured myself to be perfect."

He tipped my forward up. He stood up and brought me up with him. He wrapped his arms around me and embraced me in a bone crushing hug.

"You don't need to pressure yourself to be perfect. You are perfect as you are, amore," He said into my hair.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in his shoulder.

"As your favourite friend, and boss, I'm giving you the next few days off. You need a breather.  I'll be with you today, but the rest of the week you'll have to stay with Willow. Okay?"

"Enzo I can't leave my job just because—"

"What did I say about validating your feelings? You are allowed to be emotional; you are allowed to express your feelings; you are allowed to take breaks."

I didn't know what to say or do. But he was right. I was allowed too, and I don't know why I was stopping myself.

He pulled back and grabbed my hand, "C'mon let's go. Club's closed for today."