i.xvi. the birth of Sunoh

"Should I really go?" Jaehyun was standing in front of the door. His company called him to a meeting and Jaehyun hesitated since you were in the 40th week of pregnancy.
"Please leave." When you where pregnant with Miga, you felt that she was coming soon before you had contractions. "Everything is fine. Our son feels well, he will not come today." And how wrong you were, but you couldn't know that at the time.
"Hmm I don't know. It doesn't feel right."
"It's all good Jaehyun. I feel so good, I've been able to sleep well for two weeks, I'm not in pain and Miga is already looking forward to her brother. Everything's going great." You smile and give your husband a kiss. You didn't want to stop him, because all that could take over a week. Miga also came a week later. But you wanted to let him go. You wanted him to fulfill his dream.
After the last days full of drama and tears, you wanted to meet him on the way of his dreams and he too. And since a few days it has become harmonious again between you two. Jaehyun was at home almost every day and taking care of Miga. But if something was important, he drove in the company and you didn't want to take that from him.
"Okay, but if anything happens...no matter what...then call me right now." He puts his forehead on yours and his look was serious, but you just don't understand why he worried so much. Your belly button pressed against his stomach and it was more difficult to hug you. You put your hands on his cheeks and gently put your lips on his. Your lips joined together and played for a brief moment, until you broke away from him with a smile.
"Yes, yes, go now. Otherwise you'll be late." Jaehyun left but reluctantly.

You use the time, do the laundry and play with Miga. At some point she became hungry and you put her on the chair so she can eat in peace. You turn on a little music and when the song "Simon Says" came, Miga got up and starts jumping on the chair. Although she was super sweet that she loved the songs of her dad, her bad habit of getting up on a highchair made you crazy.
"What did I tell you? We don't stand up on the chair!" You go to your daughter and lift her from it, when you suddenly feel a strong pain in the abdomen. You had to take a deep breath. Miga looked at you worriedly with her googly eyes.
"Mommy are you sick?" Another cramp came in your abdomen and you realized that the baby would come now.
"Miga, can you get my phone quickly. It's in the kitchen." The little girl starts running and it was not long before she was there with your phone. She followed your words and she did not need long. It was like she realized that it was important now. You choose Jaehyun's number and press loudspeaker. There came another cramp and you had to scream. Apparently Sunoh wanted to get out of you and that very fast. As the phone continues to ring, you were slowly sitting on the ground, because you could hardly stand in pain. Then Jaehyun finally picked up.
"Hey, I'm getting out of the car, is everything okay?"
"THE BABY IS COMING!" You feel like the next contraction came and you try not to get the child here in the middle of the living room in front of your daughter.
"I run." Jaehyun hung up and you lean your head against the wall. You got hot and your whole body was sweating.
"Baby, don't hurt Mummy." Miga strokes your stomach and tries to be there for you in her own way. You gently stroke her back and you try to breathe. When the next contraction came, you hear Jaehyun running into the apartment. At that moment, your water is breaking and now you knew it was getting serious.
"Daddy, Mommy is peeing." Miga leaned against your stomach and looked up at her father with her brown eyes.
"Okay, we'll measure your contractions." Jaehyun takes out his phone and sits next to you.
"Say when it starts." Jaehyun was ready to stop the time. Then the next contraction began and you gave him the signal. The contractions seemed to you longer and more painful.
"It's over." You breathe deeply and lean your head against the wall. Never would you have thought that Sunoh wanted to come today. At Miga you could have felt it somehow, because she was laying much deeper and everything was already squeezing a bit. But with your son - as always - everything was different.
"Okay, the contraction has been going on for 30 seconds." Jaehyun looked at the stopwatch on his display and you wait until the next contraction came.
"The next starts." You breathe deeply again and this time it took almost 10 seconds longer.
"Okay, the gap was 5:13 minutes. I'm calling my parents to get Miga right away." He strokes his daughter's hair and you try to get up slowly.
"Is the baby coming now?" Miga was incredibly good and calm at the moment. For her young age, she could quickly see tense situations and you were incredibly proud of her.
"Yes darling, your brother is coming now." You give her a kiss and hug her again.