ii.xxxviii. (a)

It was now the time where Jaehyun's work on his solo album began. The thought that everything will change for a few months and that he will hardly be here anymore makes you sick. Especially when he won't be staying here. If he is in the company for too long, he will then sleep in the old dorm because the way to the house is simply too long. Also, he shouldn't be driving tired. That evening Jaehyun was planning to come so early that he could still put Miga to bed. But he hadn't made it. It took Miga longer to fall asleep than usual because she usually waits for her father, but at some point, her tiredness increased and she fell asleep.
You watch a series, lie on the couch and you also fall asleep after the time. When the lights get on, you wake up and look at the clock. It was 11 pm and Jaehyun finally came home. You knew he was trying to get home, but it probably won't work that way in the long run.
You turn off the TV and go to the kitchen where Jaehyun was already.
"Hey." You put your arms over his shoulders and look up at him. He looked incredibly tired.
"Hey." He took you by the hip and kissed you gently. When he stopped with the kiss, you sigh. The time with him is far too little.
"Y/N. Our lawyer called me today and said that the documents were sent to the new law firm. Did I miss something?" He looked at you questioningly and you must have told him the background.
"Yes, we are now at this new Park & Park law firm." You take a step back and play uncertainly with the hem of your shirt.
"Park & Park? Y/N, I know we're not poor, but we can't afford it. We just bought a super expensive house. We can't afford a top lawyer." Jaehyun sighed and clutched his forehead desperately.
"They do it pro bono, so to speak." Your voice became very quiet and your heart started racing.
"Why? Y/N, what are you hiding from me?" He seemed visibly annoyed and you can understand it somehow.
"I contacted Harvey. He still has good connections to the firm." You don't dare to look into Jaehyuns eyes, but you could feel how angry he was.
"What? You asked your ex-boyfriend for help? How long have you been in contact with him again?" You can hear his snort and when you look up at him you see how red his face has turned.
"Jaehyun, I'm just desperate about it. I needed someone who knew cases like this."
"And you're calling your ex-boyfriend who only admitted to the New York State? Was there really no other way?" He crossed his arms and his eyes were so disappointed.
"Seriously? No. Because I have to take care of this whole thing on my own." This whole process takes place during Jaehyun's promotional tour. That means you have to take care of the children and also the case. You couldn't go to Jaehyun because he is busy with his work.
"Do you want to tell me that I can't take care of you?" He was getting angrier and you realize that it was not the only thing that kept him busy.
"Stop it Jaehyun! Now don't make it to a masculine ego problem. You knew that when you do your solo album you won't be around much. I have to do things like this on my own and such a process is not easy." Your voice grew louder and now you got angry. Just because Jaehyun felt guilty, you don't have to be guilty.
"I thought you supported me ?!" Jaehyun was also getting louder.
"I do support you! That's why I need help." There was a short silence between you two and you hope that Jaehyun slowly regains consciousness, but it turned out quite differently.
"You call the law firm tomorrow and say you don't need their help." Jaehyun looked at you seriously.
"No, I'm definitely not going to do that." You don't understand why he asked you about this.
"Y/N," he growled, and you can see his throat swell.
"Stop it! Don't make it to a jealousy thing. This is only about the process, nothing else." You became more and more desperate. It really had nothing to do with Harvey. You finally wanted to finish the Suji thing.
"It has nothing to do with jealousy. We don't need help. We can do it that alone. Don't forget we are a family." You would agree with him, but this case is too big. You can no longer do it alone.
"But we need help from the outside! Suji publicly defamed me. She humiliated me. She published my pregnancy while I was carrying a dead child in me. We had to tell everyone that I had a missed miscarriage. Do you know how humiliating this is? Do you know how much that hurt?" Tears rolled down your cheek now. You hate to talk about it, but it still hurt and you wanted Suji to be justly punished.
"It was my child too. Do you think it didn't hurt me?" Jaehyun's voice was also loud and angry. But before you could argue further, you heard Miga crying and coming down the stairs. You quickly wipe away the tears so that your daughter doesn't see you that way.
"Miga, why are you awake?" Jaehyun went to her and picked her up.
"Mummy, Daddy don't fight." She sobbed and rested her head on her father's shoulder.
"No, we don't fight. We only talk." He kisses his daughter's hair and her tears slowly fade away.
"Come on, I'll put you in bed." Jaehyun turned away from you and went up the stairs. You are now going to the bedroom and hope that Jaehyun will come. You hate it when you fight like that. But Jaehyun never came to you that night.

When Sunoh woke up, it was very early. You could hardly sleep the night and became anxious. It was so long ago that you had fought so hard. You saw that Jaehyun had slept in the guest room and you don't understand how your argument could escalate. You make breakfast for Sunoh and Miga and coffee for yourself. Miga came to you too, but she looked relatively tired. Apparently, she hadn't slept well either, and you were sorry to hear you and Jaehyun argument.
After the time, Jaehyun came down. He was showered and had a large training bag with him.
"Do you like coffee?" You ask carefully because it looked that he was still angry. He shook his head and kissed the head of Miga and Sunoh. He went to the front door and you followed him.
"Jaehyun, please speak to me." You were desperate and you didn't think he was that much angry.
"I'll sleep in the next days in the dorm." He took his keys and his jacket.
"Days? I understand you're angry with me. But you also have two children here." You feel the pain spread in your heart.
"I'm sorry, but I can't see you now." He quickly put on his shoes and was on the way to go.
"Jaehyun? What have I done so badly?" Tears accumulated in you. You never thought that the argument would turn out that way.
"You're always looking for help from other men. Doyoung, Harvey ... Apparently, my person is not enough for you." At that moment he opens the door and left. The last thing you saw was his car driving away ...