𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲

Black Birds ran in the family. They had been around as long as Robins, as long as Batman.

They wore a skimpy costume, a black sleeveless leotard, with fishnet leggings and sleeves that ran down to their knuckles, and a long black cloak with a hood, with a matching black domino mask.

Grace was the first Black Bird. She fell in love with Dick in the orphanage they had grown up in, and Bruce took her in with Dick. When Dick became Nightwing, she became Nightbird.

Then Estella, or Ella, as Jason had called her. She was found by Grace, taken in, and helped Jason become Robin. She had mourned Jason for the time he was gone, and became Midnight when he became Red Hood.

Then Rachel. Rachel had helped Tim conquer some of his greatest fears, and had been a faithful Black Bird. When Tim became Red Robin, Rachel became Tweety.

Then Lorrietta. Like Estella, Lorrietta, or Lorri, was also found and taken in by Grace. Lorri's training began at once, and she learned quickly. Then Grace died on a mission. Lorri was sure, in fact, she knew that her sister's death could have been prevented by Nightwing.

You knew Dick wasn't all bad. He was a sweet young man, with a need for a family. But you still almost killed him when you found out he was with Kori.

"YOU BASTARD!" You screamed, fully costumed in the Bat Cave.

"Black Bird! Control yourself!" Batman yelled.

"SHE LOVED YOU! GRACE DIED FOR YOU! HOW COULD YOU JUST MOVE ON?!" You beat Dick to a bloody pulp until Bruce finally pulled you away. Something told you Bruce partially agreed with you. He loved Grace just as much as you did.

"Oh, please!" Dick screamed back, throwing his mask to the ground. "Can you really yell at me after you followed two outlaws on an unauthorized mission to an unknown land? You attacked the god damn League of Assassins! And, what's even worse, you know Jason is a criminal! And you still let him get away."

"I let Ella get away too, bitch. Because they had the goddamn nerve to fight for what they loved! You are nothing but a hypocrite and liar! You swore to Grace you would protect her!"

"I didn't know she was trying to kill Talia al Ghul! And I didn't know that her death would make you attack one of the most powerful groups in the world!"

"I would rip the world apart if I could!"

"That's enough, Lorri," Alfred slowly came down the stairs.

You looked to Alfred, and then back to Dick.

"Bruce should have left you in that damn orphanage after all, and taken Grace like he planned."

You were locked in your room for a week. When the door opened again, it was for a mission.

Bruce took over both training you and raising you after Grace died, but you two just didn't connect. He spoke to you about it one night.

"Lorri?"

"Yes?" You asked, looking up from your dessert.

"What do you think is missing?" He asked, putting down his spoon and leaning forward on his folded hands.

You paused.

"What's a Black Bird without her Robin?"

Bruce sighed. "I don't know if I'm ready for another Robin, right now."

"I am." With that, you stood and walked off.