Secrets

You rubbed Bruce's shoulder in comfort

You rubbed Bruce's shoulder in comfort. He was really banged up. It was disturbing. Dick continued stitching his wounds.

You had begun to panic when Damian hadn't visited your room. Had he fallen asleep? Surely Dick hadn't tired him out that much. You snuck into his room instead, only to find he wasn't there. You weren't mad that he had snuck out. You were mad because he hadn't told you. He had been so distant lately, especially after Dollmaker. You found Dick, tearing him away from his girlfriend on the phone, and told him.

He hadn't even said Goodnight.

Damian entered his room with ease, before noticing all three of you as Bruce flicked on the light. You had your arms crossed.

"You didn't even tell me you were going out tonight." You began, glaring.

"I didn't have to." Damian spat.

"Where were you?" Bruce interrupted you both.

Damian looked down, before responding. "What happened to you? Are you okay?"

Bruce was quiet for a moment. "You don't get to ask questions! Now where the hell were you?"

"Out." Damian hissed.

"Where?" Bruce repeated.

"Just out." Damian's voice raised.

"'Out' has suddenly become a far more dangerous place." Bruce reached forward, yanking a weapon from Damian's belt. "What's this?"

"That's mine!"

Bruce handed it to you.

"Give it to me, Lorri!" He screamed. "It's mine!"

The venom in his voice made you shrink back into yourself, holding the sai to your chest.

"Stop it, Damian!" You yelled back, voice breaking.

Damian glared at you, before turning back to Bruce.

"So what are you gonna do now? Build a dungeon and lock me up in it?"

"Despite what you may think, I'm your father, Damian, not your jailor."

"A biological accident doesn't make you my father, and it sure as hell doesn't make me your son!"

You gasped and Dick stared at him in shock.

"There's a school in Switzerland run by a retired general who knows far more than I do about boys and discipline." Bruce stood.

"Bruce, I-" you began, but he cut you off.

"And I have accommodations set up for you too, Lorri. Dick is fully prepared to have you join his team of misfits. I know you know about him sneaking out!" Bruce spat. You stepped back, and he yanked the sai from your hands.

He turned back to Damian. "Try this again, that's where you'll be spending the next year." With that, Bruce stormed out.

The room went silent. You turned to Damian, tears welling up in your eyes, before turning to Dick.

"You're trying to take me away?"

"You're my sister, Lorri. It... it's bound to happen eventually."

"You're not my fucking dad!" You screamed, before whipping around to Damian. "How... how could you?"

He opened his mouth and raised his hands, but before he could speak, you ran off, trying not to sob.

"You really played me for a fool." Dick muttered, picking up the medical supplies.

"Not hard to do."

Damian couldn't leave again without not telling you (he didn't know why it bothered him so much), so he moved to go into your room. He balanced on the ledge, wedging his fingers under the windowsill, only to find it locked. That's... odd. You always left it unlocked for him. He banged his fist on the window.

"Lorri!" He called.

He watched as you got up from bed and made your way to the window.

"Lorri, they'll take you with me! They want Black Bird, too! We can be together." He pressed his hand against the glass. "Just let me in."

Nothing.

"I know I hurt you. I know I was mistaken by raising my voice towards you. I should have never done such a thing towards you." He balanced himself on the windowsill. "I care for you, beloved, I genuinely do. But trust me, they are my future. And I want you to be in my future, too."

You stood there for a second, looking into his eyes, before throwing the curtains shut.

Damian paused, anger and hurt swelling up in his chest, before jumping off the sill, and leaving the manor.