Secrets

When you returned to the Tower, you were absolutely exhausted

When you returned to the Tower, you were absolutely exhausted. Your legs ached, and even walking was a hassle. You flopped down on the couch, praying for peace.

"How can you like him?"

Irritation quickly came over you as you looked up to Terra.

"Garfield, I mean."

You flopped back down. "I dunno. He's sweet, I guess."

"To you."

You groaned. "Look, Terra, I'm kinda resting right now, so if you could-"

"What about Boy Wonder?"

"Damian?" You paused. "What about him?"

"Aren't you two together?"

You stayed silent.

"No way, you ditched him for Gar, didn't you?!"

You heard footsteps walking away quickly from the door, but were too tired to acknowledge it. They shouldn't have been eavesdropping, anyways.

"No, Terra. I didn't. I loved Damian."

"Loved? As in past tense?"

"Why are you so curious all of the sudden?" You asked, voice raised as you sat up.

Terra looked down, before looking to you again.

"I'm sorry." She turned, and made her way to her room.

She entered her domain, and shut the door behind her. She then walked over to her full sized mirror.

"You catch that?" Terra asked.

"Every word."

"Good. So did Damian. He was just outside the door." She smirked. "I swear, it's so easy to manipulate them."

"Keep quiet. The boy is smart, and he cares about that girl. It's not as easy as you think it is."

Terra let out a grumble, before turning away from the mirror.

••

"Has anyone seen Damian?" You asked at the dinner table.

"He went out." Dick replied, face stuffed full of pizza.

"Did he say where?"

"No. Isn't he gone a lot?" Dick asked.

"Yeah, but he always says where." You muttered, picking at your pizza.

"I'm sure demon spawn will be fine." Gar assured you from across the table. "Why are you so worried about him, anyways?"

You slammed your fist down on the table. "I'm not. I'm pissed."

"Why?"

"None of your business." You hissed, before standing and turning on your heel.

Dick raised an eyebrow. "That's not like her."