Nothing Personal

"Jonathan. Can I borrow your dad?" Batman asked.

"Yeah. Oh, yeah, of course. Sure, sure, sure. I'll just be over here, you know, nursing my bat-wounds."

"I like him," Renee spoke once he was out of earshot.

"Have either of you heard from the Watchtower lately?" Batman asked with urgency.

"Green Arrow hasn't checked in?" Clark questioned, raising a brow. "He said he'd give you updated after last night."

"Last night?" Day asked, voice low.

"The Watchtower, it was knocked out of orbit," Clark clarified. "I was able to right it, before heading to Japan for the tsunami. I told Green Arrow to check in with you, give updates."

"I haven't been able to raise them on comms."

"I don't have any mental statuses, either," The Witch added.

"Let's try again," Clark suggested, and Renee sighed.

"You guys never get breaks, huh?"

•••

"So, where should we meet for patrol,"

You rolled your eyes for the ump-teenth time at Damian's weak ass attempts at flirting with Supergirl. The woman already belonged to Tim, which had caused major family issues a while back, so she already got on your nerves.

"No patrol tonight," Supergirl said through the phone. "We've been called up to the Watchtower for some emergency."

"Hey!" Someone else yelled through the phone. "Is Lorri there, does she wanna come?"

You jogged over to the couch, smiling at your green friend.

"Hi Gar!"

"Hi, Lorri,"

"You said something?"

"The Watchtower emergency. You wanna come?"

"As much as I would love too," you hopped up onto the couch, legs on the cushion as you balanced yourself on the back. "Renee just got home. I need to spend time with her."

Gar groaned.

"Fine, fine. How about pizza next week? I'll pay. There's this really good place in--"

"If she won't come, I will," Damian interrupted, causing Gar to glare.

"Pfft. Yeah, no."

"What Beast Boy is trying to say is... only the Titans have been called to the Watchtower and well... you've never officially been inducted, so--"

"An oversight, I'm sure."

You rolled your eyes.

"I'll head over, swear on whatever you have handy and--"

"Look, bird brain," Gar shoved Supergirl out of the seat. "'Never officially brought in' means 'not part of the Titans'. We make an exception for Lorri because she's cooperative, good at teamwork and is very, very good looking in those shorts. We took a vote last week. We don't want you on the team."

With that, the call ended.

You looked around, embarrassed. The whole call had just called you out for being a suck up.

'Fuck you! Not you, Lorri, you're amazing.'

You facepalmed, making a mental note to call Gar when he was back from the Watchtower mission. Maybe you would take him up on that pizza date.