Suspicions

The next morning, Kori woke you all up bright and early for training

The next morning, Kori woke you all up bright and early for training. She took you all outside, fully costumed, and explained

"To be ready for anything," she began, "you must train for everything. That was the most important lesson instilled in me by the warlords of Okaara."

"Them again?" Gar asked impassively.

"Dude..." Blue Beetle shushed him.

"And so it shall be instilled in you. Let's pair off. Those not fighting, watch and learn. Nightwing, if you could please demonstrate with Black Bird."

"Jesus..." you complained, trudging to the designated fighting zone.

"What?" He asked, teasingly. "A little sore?"

"Yeah. From fuckin' your girlfriend." You hissed.

Kori gasped, and the team snickered.

Dick smirked, getting into position. You yourself bent down, legs spread, with your staff behind you and one hand outstretched in front of you.

"Hold on, why am I fighting an adult?!"

Before Kori could answer, Dick charged forward, swinging one of his sticks at you. You jumped back, attacking him with your staff. Dick managed to deflect your attacks with his sticks, and when you went for his legs, he did several back flips away.

"Show off." You grumbled, unable to fight the smirk on your face.

"For this to work as we want it to," Dick began. "You need to fight with effort, Lorri."

"Hold on, she's not been putting in effort?" Gar asked, his jaw dropping. "I can't do that even if I tried."

"Shut up, dude!" Jaime silenced him again.

You groaned. "Fine."

You separated your staff into your own pair of Escrima sticks, and took the lead this time, running forward. You both began to attack each other violently, sticks clanging against each other. This time, it was your turn to retreat, doing a series of back handsprings and backflips, and landing on your feet.

"Show off." Dick smiled.

You threw your sticks to the ground, and the team gasped. Kori smiled.

You raised your fists, and Dick charged at you again, swinging his sticks primarily for your head. You managed to dodge them, before punching Dick in the jaw. This seemed to disorientate him a bit, because his next swing to your stomach was sloppy. You ducked down, swinging your legs into his, making him fall. You then walked over to him, placing your boot on his chest.

"Whoops."

Dick smirked.

"Put in effort next time, Nightwing." You said, moving to pick up your sticks and clipping them onto your belt. "It's embarrassing if I only win when you're not trying."