Missing

"I'd watch those bloody hells, guv'nor

"I'd watch those bloody hells, guv'nor." Dick teased Alfred in a British accent.

"Dick!" You yelled, running up the stairs. You embraced him warm-heartedly, smiling. "Oh, it's been to long."

"I know!" Dick laughed. "You're 13 now?"

"Almost 14. I'm so glad you're here."

"Yeah, how long has he been gone?"

You looked to Alfred, who rubbed his temples, before continuing.

"Master Bruce has been missing for two weeks."

"Wouldn't be the first time." Dick grumbled, crossing his arms.

"But he's never been gone this long without notifying me in some way." Alfred reasoned. "Last night, the signal was up for an hour. Third time this week."

"I, for one, am sick of it!" You burst out. "I'm covered in cuts and bruises. I can't handle this alone anymore, Dick. Both physically and mentally! I'm just one person, it takes me double the time to stop a c-class robber, and I'm injured almost every time."

"If Batman doesn't return soon..." Alfred began.

"I know." Dick cut him off. "All bloody hell's gonna break loose." He looked to one of Batman's suits. "Even when you've disappeared, I can't get away from you."

"Please, Dick." You begged, putting your hand on his shoulder. "I already called for back up. No telling when they'll be here. Can you just help out for a while?"

Dick sighed. "Fine."

••

The Bat Signal was up that night. You and Dick took the Batmobile. Easiest way to spread the word.

You sped through the town, before you sighed.

"Thanks for driving. I still can't get into it."

"No problem." Dick replied. "You've been doing all this yourself? Driving this monster?"

"Yeah," you replied. "I fucking broke down in front of Alfred the other night. It's too much."

Dick sighed. "I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner."

"I'm not. I know how this must feel for you."

Dick grimaced.

You found yourselves at a loading dock.

"New guy thinks he can move in." Black Mask muttered, picking up a gun. "I'm gonna show those punks who's top dog around here. Gotham's my bitch."

"Which makes you mine, Mask." Batman hissed.

"Oooo, kinky." You smirked, hands on your hips.

Your costume hadn't changed much over the years. The fishnets were still there, and the one piece was still black. It wrapped around your neck tightly. You had swapped the thigh high boots for knee highs, and a diamond shaped slit was on your chest, revealing a bit of your chest. You still had the mask (obviously), but had ditched the cape.