Instincts

"Don't doubt your instincts

"Don't doubt your instincts." Talon finished, before grabbing Robin by the wrist, and using the sai to kill himself by puncturing his neck.

Robin jerked back, dropping a stopwatch as well.

"Well that was awkward." You muttered, exhausted. Bruce was slung around your shoulders. "Go to him."

Bruce walked over to Damian, and they exchanged a few words, before Bruce embraced him.

Damian gave Bruce a curt nod, before exiting the BatCave.

"You sent him to the monks?" You asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"So I know where to find him."

Bruce sighed.

••

The next morning was difficult. Damian was all packed up and ready to go. It was almost four in the morning, so you stood outside in a robe. Bruce and Alfred had already said goodbye.

Damian looked from their retreating forms to you. He opened his mouth to speak, but you cut him off.

"I forgive you." You said. "You didn't want to attack me."

Damian looked down, before back up, opening his mouth to speak again.

"You're not ready for this. I know. But you love me. You just need time." You smiled understandingly. "I know. I'll wait for you."

"Talon was right about one thing." You whispered. "Follow your instincts, and I trust you'll find your way back to me."

Damian paused, before stepping forward. He leaned in to kiss you, but you caught him. You gave him a peck on the cheek, which lasted a few seconds, before pulling back.

"You shape your own destiny, Damian. I am liability." You smiled warmly.

He nodded, before grabbing his bag, and turning away.