Happy Birthday!

"Happy birthday, Jon!" Day screamed, entering the house. "I'm sorry I missed the game, and I'm sorry Conner couldn't make it, but I did! I have presents, and-"

"Leave me alone!" The boy screamed, running upstairs.

Dayleen gaped as her nephew dashed away from his parents.

"I've got him," she said when both parents gave her a look of sadness.

She hopped up the stairs, tossing her birthday hat to the side and dropping the presents at the top of the stairwell.

"Jonny?" She called, knocking on his door. "It's me, babe."

"Auntie..." he whined.

"Don't call me that," she groaned. "Makes me feel old. I'm only 23."

"You look and act 15! And so does Conner!" He screamed, and the girl opened the door.

She shut it behind her, and flopped down on the bed next to him.

"What's going on?"

"He's never here..."

Day sighed.

"And neither are you!" He suddenly burst. "Or Conner! What could be so important? More important than family?"

"Jon, baby," she sat up, crossing her legs. "Our jobs... extend further than just reporters and interns for Wayne Inc. We..." she trailed off as Jon continued to sniffle.

"Do you not love me, Day?"

"Jon!" She jumped to his side, swinging her legs over the bed. "I love you a lot, especially when Conner is on my last nerve. I love it when you stay at the apartment, and I love our FaceTime chats, and I love your cows!" She giggled, but Jon didn't seem to think it was very funny.

"Jon, there is so much you don't know..."

"Like what?!" The boy screamed. "I'm so tired of people saying that!"

He dashed out his bedroom door as Dayleen sighed. Her phone buzzed.

Con-Con💕: Finished up earlier than I expected. Think I can make the party?🙏

Day sighed, and began to type a response.

Party gone wrong :/. Best stay clear. We're handling it. Maybe it might be time for powers? I'm getting weird mental readings from him.

Con-Con💕: Maybe he had sex.

Stfu he's 11.

Con-Con💕: Babe, I love ya, but you have no idea how 11-year-old minds work

Conner, I love you, but you've been 15 your whole life

Con-Con💕: Touché. Save me some cake.

Brb. Huge explosion outside.

Con-Con💕: what???

Con-Con💕: Day??? What's happening?!

Con-Con💕: DAY! ANSWER THE PHONE!

•••

"Bye, Dad," you kissed your father on the cheek.

"Bye, Kori," you pecked her as well.

"I had fun, Lorri," Kori smiled. "I wish you would come over more often. Is there anything we can do? Maybe paint your room? Or maybe get some new movies? We could start cooking more instead of just eating out."