Aftermath

You and Damian had grown close once again, the late night visits into your room becoming part of your nightly routine.

Yet you began to wonder, was loving him a side effect of your loneliness? You had been alone for so long, and you fell in love with Damian the moment you laid eyes on him.

As you lay bare next to him, you began to question the feelings. Had being shut off from the world caused you to become obsessed with him?

Talia's words haunted you. "Love and obsession are two different things."

Yet, Heretic had claimed to love you, so had Damian become obsessed with you too? He had no childhood, and had never been around people his age, let alone a girl. You were a new experience for him.

You had been alone in the manor for a while as well. Yes, you were a social butterfly as Lorrietta Wayne, but Black Bird was cold and lonely. Maybe having someone who could be near both Lorrietta and Black Bird was what you found so attractive about him.

It just wasn't right, and you could feel it in your gut.

Bruce had joined the Justice League recently, giving you and Damian more free time. Thus, why you were in bed together.

He awoke, his emerald eyes slowly opening.

"Beloved." He smiled. He only treated you and you alone like this.

"Damian," you began. "Do you ever wonder if... these feelings, hell, if any of this is real?"

Damian sat up, glaring at you. "No. No, I do not. What are you saying?"

You had a long talk that night, one that ended with Damian storming out of your room.

It was like hell, without him.