Robin

The Bat Signal hung in the air, perched on the clouds

"Jim." You greeted, and the commissioner turned to see both you and Batman.

"Oh..." He gasped. "Is there any way you two could show up without raising my blood pressure?"

"No." You smiled, as both you and Batman jumped off the ledge you two were perched on.

Both you and Bruce turned expectantly, and Robin appeared on the same ledge.

"Another one?" Gordon asked.

"New and improved." You winked to Jim.

"How's Ubu doing?" Batman asked, finally deciding to get to business.

"He's in ICU." Gordon replied. "Still under sedation. We searched his place. Nothing much there." You shot Robin a look. "But we did find one interesting item."

Just as the commissioner pulled the item out of his jacket, Robin snatched it from Gordon. In return, you snatched it from him.

"Hey!" He complained as you handed it to Batman.

"Whose number is it?" Batman asked.

"It's a phone sex..." Gordon's eyes flickered to not you, but Robin. "A phone chat line."

Robin turned to you, and you smirked seductively, sticking your tongue out as far as it would go, and made a circle with your pointer finger and thumb, before jabbing your other pointer finger into the circle. Robin glared.

"But that's not the interesting part." Jim continued. "It's what's written on the other side."

Batman flipped the paper, and stared at it for a good minute.

••

You found yourselves at the old Gotham Coliseum. It was absolutely pouring, and you weren't sure how much longer your cloak would protect you from sickness. Thunder crashed overhead, making you shudder.

"Dad used to bring me here for ball games." Batman muttered, breaking the silence. "Sometimes, afterward, we'd go to the amusement park."

"And now history repeats itself." Robin replied.

"How sweet." You said sarcastically. "I'm drenched. When are we moving?"

"Exactly what I was thinking." With that, Robin jumped off the railing you three had been perched on, and ran across the wet wooden walkway.

You jumped down, and grabbed him by the shoulder, he flipped around, and raised his hand, as if he was going to strike you. But stopped, and simply shrugged your hand off him.

"We made a deal, Robin." You reminded him. "You're back-up, and this isn't some training simulation. We answer to Batman, understood?"

Robin grit his teeth, as if he wasn't used to being told what to do, but he remained silent, and unclenched his jaw, almost like he respected you. He looked into the whites of your domino mask as he spoke.