1

Damian was sure Lorrietta had died long ago, but when he finds her, and a new Robin, he can feel old feelings resurfacing.

☀︎︎

"We need to find her." Raven told Damian, hardly even able to speak.

"Who?" Damian asked, but he already knew the answer.

"Lorri, Damian." She rasped out, before her eyes closed.

Damian looked down, and clenched his fists.

Fuck.

He hadn't seen you since the war two years ago. He didn't want to find you. He was pretty sure you were dead. It was the most probable scenario. But the tiny, annoying voice in his head said you were alive. That you were a fighter. That you weren't going to die that easy.

You had broken down when Dick died, unable to control yourself, even though you were in the middle of a battle. Last minute, before one of those things could hit you, Damian grabbed you, jumping into the water. You stayed down there for a good three minutes, and then resurfaced, hiding underneath some rubble and debris.

He didn't know how long you both were there, but when the coast was clear, you simply stood, and walked off. You were broken, and he was too.

He dragged Dick's corpse all the way to The League of Assassins' head quarters, and after being welcomed back, he practically chunked Dick into the Lazarus pit. If he couldn't have you, he had to have Dick. Unfortunately, something went wrong. Dick was alive again, but something was different. He was an animal. In the end, he had to lock him up, like a psychopath.

When Raven was conscious again, and Damian had changed into his old costume, she ordered the drunk bum to cast another "locator spell" for Lorrietta Wayne.

Took the asshole a while, but the pinpoint on the globe made Damian gape internally.

"She's in...?" Clark began.

"Gotham." Damian finished. "She's alive." He whispered to himself.

"How heartwarming." Raven muttered, before activating her power and transporting all of them to Gotham.

She stumbled, and Clark caught her. "I got you."

Damian looked out into the wasteland that was once his home. Buildings destroyed, roads cracked. It was disturbing.

Suddenly, a bird shaped ninja star was lodged directly into the roof there were standing on.

"Get down!" Damian yelled, grabbing the bum and pushing him to the floor.

"Thanks for that." The man said in his heavy British accent.

"Damian fuckin' Wayne?" Damian heard someone say.

"You're not Black Bird." Raven hissed, looking through the smoke.

"You're right, I'm not." The figure stepped closer. "I'm the new Robin."

Damian's jaw dropped.

"The babe took me in and has been training me ever since." The 16 year old turned to Damian, the white's of his domino mask unable to hide the laughter in his eyes. "You got a lotta fuckin' nerve showin' up here."

The kid had dark brown shoulder length hair, tied back into a loose ponytail. He wore a mask, a red varsity jacket with a white "R" on the upper right side, jeans and sneakers.

"Who the hell are you?" Damian growled, standing.

"I just said I was Robin." The boy seemed to be laughing at a joke only he understood. "But seriously, dude. You better run. Birdy's gonna kill ya."